Question on elk units

I'm thinking of putting in for elk next year. I have 9 pts and wondering your guys thoughts if i could possibly draw beaver,mt. dutton or panguitch lake. I've deer hunted in panguitch in 09 and done a little hiking there also. Do you guys think they are within my reach as a non resident and are they good elk units. Thanks

>I'm thinking of putting in for
>elk next year. I have
>9 pts and wondering your
>guys thoughts if i could
>possibly draw beaver,mt. dutton or
>panguitch lake. I've deer hunted
>in panguitch in 09 and
>done a little hiking there
>also. Do you guys think
>they are within my reach
>as a non resident and
>are they good elk units.
>Thanks

Mt Dutton or panguitch if you do archery maybe.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-14 AT 12:56PM (MST)[p]Just looked up the odds and your still out a couple years for the archery hunts on mt dutton and panguitch. Beaver you might as well for get about if your a non resident for any of the hunts

Why not put in for the best unit each year and hope you get lucky? Why wouldn't you? You are still a long ways off from drawing any real great UT tags. I tell guys to put in and hope you get lucky, nice thing about UTs system (if there is such a thing) 50% of the tags are 'luck of the draw'.

Todd Black

Visit our YouTube page
http://www.youtube.com/user/bulls4bto?feature=mhum

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom