Question regarding deer season dates

300Shortmag

So I never really paid much attention to opening dates because we never plan on hunting opening day, but I wanted to know if the tenative dates for Oct1-15th were always the way it is? Do they adjust the opener to have it open on a Saturday or does deer open whatever day the 1st falls on.

Yep! This next year is going to give EVERYONE the whole flipping weekend to do all their "preseason" scouting, just before the Monday openings. That should save a few critters!

While talking to a gamewarden,he said that some of the units for deer will have season shortened.The starting dates will remain the same as I understand,but a week has been cut off the season length.

Thanks for the replies... I figured it was that way, but I never paid much attention. Hopefully they aren't shortening the general regions where the deer season is only 2 weeks. It'd be a madhouse if the season was only a week long.

Some are saying NR tags are being cut and the seasons shortened in Regions G & H. We'll have to wait until the Rules & Regulations are printed in a couple months to find out.

We will not know for sure but the units I was talking about being shortened was in Region D, units 70 and 66 .
i have hunted both of these units in the past but going to pass this year.Just after antelope there this year.also scouting for future elk hunt.
Looking at other units for deer.

I dont think the season can get any shorter in area 70 or 66, these are units i hunt every year and 2 years ago it was 10 days and last year it was a mere 7 day season from oct 15th to the 21st

LAST EDITED ON Mar-18-12 AT 06:00PM (MST)[p]Thats what I was told it was going to be this year.i did not know this is what the seasons were last year.

I have not hunted there for three years and looked into going this year,but I think i am going to pass on the deer.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom