Question to Founder

MulePacker

I noticed you are the webmaster for SFW, I am wondering if you volunteer your services or if this is a paid business arrangement? In the past the webmaster has been a volunteer like those who work on banquet committees, deer feeding programs, and other SFW endeavors. I believe this will help me decide as to the motives of your vocal SFW support.

Travis Sparks

Don't you think that this is the kind of question that would be better asked in a private e-mail?

S.

Great question Travis! I would like to know as well. Have a great day guy's.

Chad

I guess that I'm still missing it.... Isn't it Brian's personal business? Besides, isn't it obvious what Brian's motive is? HE LOVES MULE DEER!!!

The way the question is phrased sounds like you think Brian is pimping SFW just because he is potentially on their payroll. I don't know Brian personally, but I've followed this site for several years. Whether he is being paid or not, I'm fairly certain that his love of muley hunting is what is driving his passion, not the paycheck. ;-)

Either way, I would think that the folks on this board would support SFW (or not) based on what the organization is doing (or not), as opposed to whether their webmaster is paid or a volunteer.

S.

Why shouldn't he be paid? You guys have a lot of nerve coming onto his site, that he gives us free of charge, worrying that he might be making a few HONEST dollars providing a service for an organization.
I take it that if you guys join, you're willing to donate all your free time.

Good post nmtaxi. I think if a group needs something done its ok to pay someone.

Why would you need to decide what "motives" he has for his vocal support of SFW?? Come on! Maybe you should email the guy.

Sorry it offended some of you maybe it would have been better to ask in personal e-mail. I tried to edit the post but couldn't. I don't necessarily need to know the speifics to the business of Brian I am more interested in SFW. I was just wondering if it was volunteered as Brian is on the board of SFW from my understanding. I do see some conflict of interest (my opinion). If Brian volunteers his time as webmaster and in turn SFW has purchased ad space on MM I believe it is a good arrangement for them both, if he is a paid board member I have been misled.

I hope this clears any misunderstanding, I will work through personal e-mail on this issue from here on out.

Thanks,
Travis

Travis good to see you are still alive.
Would you like to re-phrase your question, just kidding
hey I think ( MY OPINION ONLY ) that the recent trials that a certain organization has gone through recently will eventually
be known by all. Hopefully it won't be allowed to affect elk hunters or any other kind of hunters in this state.

I was encouraged to see a few PAID board members eventually say you know what enough is enough.

Travis didn't your daddy ever tell you "if you know or deal with someone long enough their true colors will eventually shine through".

If you would like to see something even more scary check out the elk survey on their web page.

Best of luck

wileywapati,

I was told by my daddy that if you want to know someones true colors take them hunting (especially to one of your spots).
Stealth

250 I heard if you do that you get to learn not only their true colors but all of the aunts uncles neighbors and friends
true colors as well Ha Ha Ha

It is pretty interesting that I still see these types of questions posted in a manor that offends... If you have read any of the previous posts about the SFW, Founder would tell you to decide for yourself. Why would his involvment make a decision for you? Go read about the program and decide for yourself. I for one would not be a webmaster without some type of reimbursement. I can tell you that most people would not have the free time to build a web page that has over 300 total pages.
buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

You guy's are right. That question was best for a private e-mail but I don't think it was an unfair question or even backed by any mean intentions! I think we all need to lighten up a bit! This passion we all enjoy sometimes gets the blood flowing over the top! Let's keep in mind what this website and others is all about. Have a great day!

Chad

Anyone who reads the post should know it is made by a very vocal Bowhunting nut, which isn't a bad thing. But many of the bowhunters here in Utah are against SFW because of some differing opinions over the past few years. It is too bad that the egos on both sides can't get along. Combine the vocal bownuts with the push of SFW and it could be a good thing. We all have to learn we can't have our way all the time.

Travis- I believe I read one of the posts which "Founder" mentioned he was on the Salt Lake Commitee. You going to Idaho again this year?

Best of Luck to All.

I agree with you pack out! It would be nice if all us "Bownuts" could get a long with SFW. I think they do a lot of great things but until they get more friendly towards bowhunting there is no way I will ever join them. I will support the RMEF, MDF, UBA, etc. Hopefully the day will come when their eyes are opened to the fact that there are a lot of us psycho Bownuts that have a strong voice. We just want opportunity. It is plain and simple. Good luck to them and every other group. We all have our own views and ideas about how things should be. That is what makes this sport so interesting. Have a great day.

Chad

As an update Brian answered me vie e-mail and was very forthright as to his arrangement. I appreciate Brians patience and passion and admire him for his convictions.
As I always do I post my name so if I have offended anyone it is not anonymous to the person or those who are reading the post. I see packout would rather hide behind an alias when offending me. For those who do not know me I hardly believe I am a "vocal bowhunting nut" in fact I have not bowhunted for 3 years, I do hunt an extreme amount and I am passionate about elk hunting. I do understand that bowhunting equals more opportunity for everyone if correct strategies are used. I would bowhunt elk in the state of Utah if it were more attractive, however, I will wait my turn to draw a rifle permit so I can shoot a 400 bull in the northern region, until then I will be happy to fill my freezer with a spike during the general hunt. Yes I imagine I will hunt Idaho, you see that way I can hunt a Utah limited entry elk without having to draw. If you wonder how, e-mail me I may let you in on a well kept secret.

Travis Sparks

MulePacker - I had no intention of offending you. Like I said in my post, there is nothing wrong with being vocal, passionate, or even a bowhunter (which I enjoy also). Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Seems like our posts sometimes get read by others without knowing how the message was intended.

Best of Luck this Fall

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom