Questions on the Rubys

RUM

What area would you hunt if you had unlimited access thru private??
And is the East or West side any better than the other?

>Thanks for that info, but I
>am stuck in Unit 102
>

Stuck? 102 has the highest deer population in NV and some of the best bucks in NV! I held a 219 buck that came out of there in 08. head for the top to get away from the crowd. Youll see a bunch of bucks!

I drew that tag as a non-res last year. That unit 102 holds some good deer. I hunted up around Hidden Lake and and the surrounding basins on the northern part of the unit. There are a few deer down low but I found out ther is plenty to hunt up high and I mean way high.The tag I drew was the early rifle. Start up high and pick a good spot to sit and see what's in the area. Sit and glass awhile they will come out. Good luck Marc

Thanks, I will be hunting late season. I am trying to figure out if one side or the other is any better when they have had to move off the top.

Great tag! Remember, if there is no snow you'll have to still hunt high. If there is too much snow them they will be in the flats. Is your hunt part of Spruce Mtn? If the snow flies head there. If you hunt the North end the deer will come off the most northern area of unit 102. If you hunt in and around Lamiole canyon they they will come off the side heading west. If you hunt the road between 102-103 then they will head east. But snow will decide what you'll be doing. Hope for the rut and get you gun ready for a big one!!!

in my experence, snow or no snow most of the deer will head out of the high country during the later part of Oct. tags used to be good for at least all of Oct. and during some years the snow came later, I think its the rut that breaks the buck groups apart and moves them. Although enough snow will send them down anytime

my brother and i hunted the rubys last year on the late hunt. Temps were still high even on top. T-shirt and shorts weather after 8 or 9 in the morning! They were all still on top.

someone in my family gets that tag every year. We have had amazing success hunting the last week of that hunt. The pre-rut is just starting and the big bucks are shadowing the does during the night then head back up the mountain at first light. From our experience every day that passes seems to find a little bit bigger of a buck. PM me if you want some more info.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom