Quick Intro

RidgeRunner76

Long time reader(2002ish till present) but 1st time poster. I'm a CO native that's hunted and fished here my whole life. I just wanted to say hello and say I've appreciated reading and looking at all the pictures posted here. Great stuff. I'll see if I can contribute going forward. Thanks.

That Fruita/GJ area can be pretty nice. Had a good friend that lived in Delta for many years. CO Springs isn't too bad, but I am sad to see it go downhill really far in some areas. The area I grew up in is especially bad nowadays. Back when I was a kid, it was just another tight nit neighborhood..

Happily resided in KingsView, just south across the river from Fruita @ the base of CO Natl Monument from 2002-11. That was b4 Hot Tomato and Shooks Run were open. You could still pedal Pollock Bench trail then. Used to love the Thursday evening family concerts @ the city building, and the free Riverfront concerts as well. Frueeta was a chillin' town, hope it still is! Any pheasants out around the research farm these days?

Frueeta has grown a lot in recent years but it is still pretty cool. I live on East Orchard Mesa near the top of the 38 road hill above Palisade. It's a ways from work but my Wife is a Palisade girl.

The pheasant are gone. If we see one or two a year it is good. I don't know what to blame but I do know we are overrun we with racoons. I box trap about 50 a year on the farm and it seems like I am trying to empty a pond with a bucket.

Flyin Miata is over by your place. I used to run around on Horse Mtn BLM ground up there, when I lived on 34 Rd by the Clifton Water Plant. They had some roosters in there. Gotta love that Million $ Breeze in Palisade, though you are probably above it. Nice to meet you, anyway. Hunt much near the Grand Valley?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom