Quiver Question?

Triple_BB

Very Active Member
I always had a quiver attached to my old bow. Just picked up a new bow and was looking at quivers. A friend I respect and is a successful archer suggested I get a hip quiver and skip the bow quiver. He provided some thoughts on why it makes more sense. Anyone have a preference regarding a quiver on your bow or on your belt in hunting situations. I'm kinda leaning towards a three arrow hip quiver.

i would just think it would be in the way all the time .and i dont see any advantage to ether my 2 cents

Some of the areas we hunt have lots of thick brush. I don't think a hip quiver would be the best option for us. Also, we always carry at least 5 arrows. You can run out of arrows really fast. But it all depends on the type of hunting you are doing.

That ain't a camel toe, that's a moose knuckle!

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW YOUR FRIENDS REASONS FOR A HIP QUIVER ??? SEEMS TO ME ITS A STEP BACKWARDS, I WOULD NOT CONSIDER ONE MYSELF,....................YD.

I started with a hip quiver and switched to a mounted quiver and will never go back. That being said I have had some bad quivers before I found what I like. I currently shoot a Mathews and I think they make a great quiver in the arrow web quivers but I think they are only available for the Mathews bows. I have the option to quickly and quietly remove it if I want to. I love how tight the quiver is to the bow so it doesn't stick off the side of the bow very far and so my arrows don't catch on brush as easily as others that I have had.

I have also heard good things about the tight spot quiver.

On the bow is convenient. Hip quivers will likely get in the way in thick stuff. Back quivers are out of the way, but not as convenient as the bow mounted one and unless they are built into the pack such as in Cat Quivers will a problem with packs. The pack quivers are a good deal, but often you want to drop the pack for a stalk and loose your quiver. A friend that used one also indicates that it is a pain replace an arrow into the quiver without taking it off...

Having tried bow mounted, hip, and back quivers, I will stick with a bow mounted quiver for hunting. As stated, get a high quality one that mounts close to the bow. Don't go with too large of one either. How many arrows do you really need...?

>Some of the areas we hunt
>have lots of thick brush.
>I don't think a hip
>quiver would be the best
>option for us. Also, we
>always carry at least 5
>arrows. You can run out
>of arrows really fast. But
>it all depends on the
>type of hunting you are
>doing.
>
>That ain't a camel toe, that's
>a moose knuckle!

What type of huntIng are you doing to run out of arrows?

Traditional >>>------->

Where we hunt elk, we also have deer tags, bear tags, and wolf tags. There are also lots of coyotes and grouse. Sometimes we are gone from dark to dark, covering up to 12 miles in a day. I like the option to shoot at a coyote or grouse or what ever given the chance, but you run the risk of losing/breaking an arrow or damaging your broadhead. I want at least two arrows if I encounter a deer or and elk, you never know when you'll need to make a follow up shot, or even two.

Two years ago, one of our friends ended up with 3 arrows in a bull before it died. I know that's not the situation anyone wants to be in, but I'd rather have the arrows than be trying to look for one in the brush so I can make a follow up shot.

That ain't a camel toe, that's a moose knuckle!

Alot of guys a know are using a tight sport quiver on the Hoyt Matrix. I personaly use a 3 arrow quiver, from alpine archery, on a parachute cord. I like it, during dark hours drop it in my pack, during hunting over the shoulder.

Just a thought!

Or just get a tightspot quiver and you won't even realize it's on the bow... Best damn quiver ever made...

If you don't want one attached to your bow then you might also look into a side quiver. They are quiet, conceal the fletching, and can be worn over your shoulder, strapped to your pack, or hung in a tree.

It is like having an arrow dispenser. I carry a half dozen hunting but for stump shooting or field targets I can easily carry a dozen plus.

I have a rain fly that keeps the fletching dry and a drain in the bottom so water doesn't collect.

I also have a pocket to store small odds and ends like spare nocks,broken nock extractor, broad head wrench, and a few judos.

It's an option worth looking into to see if it suites your requirements.

>Or just get a tightspot quiver
>and you won't even realize
>it's on the bow... Best
>damn quiver ever made...

I agree. Theyre expensive, but worth it!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom