Quota recommendations

Surprised at how many desert sheep ewe tags are being recommended! 85 last year to 120 this year?

>Whats goin on with the deer
>in area 7 caused the
>50% reduction in tags?

Correct me if I'm wrong but is this the first year for doe tags in 7?

As many total doe tags as buck tags in 7.

A little premature to blame the drought right?

Yes its the first year for doe tags in that area. I dont understand why they would add 800 doe tags and then cut the buck tags so much. Are the deer doing fine? Maybe the ratio is off? Good question for the game biologist i guess

>Will we ever see non-ressy ewe
>tags?

Would a non-ressy be willing to dish out the $1200 for a ewe?

I do admit it would get nice for you guys and would bring in more revenue, but that is quite a chunk of change.

I for one, as a non res, would not pay 1200 for a ewe tag. I wouldnt spend 500 for a ewe tag. thats just me though.

The 1200 for an elk tag a big horn tag is alot for me. But I have saved the opportunity. Lets just hope I dont draw both tags in the same year :)

The number of tags on the hunts that I applied for were up a few tags from the 2014 numbers. The biggest difference (%) on my applications was for the 221-223,241 archery antelope hunt which had 4 tags in 2014 and has 7 tags in 2015.

I assume NDOW will be posting results on May 22. The numbers are already in the computer. They just need to adjust them up and down a little after they are all approved and hit the ENTER button. Two days later they are posted.

Good luck boys!

Dillon
www.dillonhoyt.com

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom