Rabbit hunting

WapitiDave

Took my nephew out yesterday around the Socorro area but didn't have much luck. He's in town for a few more days and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions where we might find a few bunnies. Thank you for any help.

WD

try hunting the brushy washes. the more brush the more rabbits. post someone in the wash they have a tendancy to cross the wash. i found a few west of bernado. take that road past the rv park. i was hunting quail there.

haven't been out in the area in a long while but use to shoot a lot of rabbits on the east side of the range following the fence. good luck

Are cottontails safe to eat here in NM? I know up north we use to hunt them but unless we killed them in winter we did not consider them safe to eat, and it does not seem to get cold enough here to me...

We eat them all the time. I think people are concerned about a worm they may have in them.
If you cook them all the way through (which I am sure everyone does) I doubt there would be a problem.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom