RAC Meeting Last NIght - Central Region

shelbys

Any of you hound guys attend the RAC meeting last night in Springville? You'd think they could figure out how to turn the air on, but somehow it doesn't surprise me. I've got a few questions from the meeting. 1.) What did you think about the proposals? 2.) Who the heck was the lady sitting on the end that kept objecting to everything? Why was she there?

I didn't make the RAC meeting last night but a couple of my buddies did. At dusk I was frantically trying to saw the horns off a bighorn ram on the backside of Provo peak and get on my horse and get the hell outta there.

I heard it was the same 'ol story as always. A few hound guys trying to look out for their sport, a few guys who masquerade as hound guys but sleep with the enemy and really could care less about our sport in the end...

And the SFW godhead that stood forth and boldly proclaimed the gospel of lion extermination. Just another bad B movie rerun from the accounts I heard.

I'm not too worried. Having seen the caliber of most of the new generation of hound guys, I don't think the lions have much to worry about. They'll kill some but never get them all.

Nature will solve the deer problem herself and the SFW will take credit for it and everybody can go home happy. As my buddy was telling me about the meeting, and I was trying to find a place to hide my new sheep horns, and he was telling me about the wildlife groups standing and talking, I was reminded of the quote I read yesterday in a book, "How can you believe, looking at the vastness of this land, that agencies, resource managers, or politicians really have anything to do with wildlands or wildlife? Do you truly believe that the little knot of people, shuffling papers, making power plays, worrying about interagency politics, and working in total isolation from the land, really has anything to do with the amount of forage, number of deer, or the future of the lion??

Last night, while the little knot of people, the politicians, resource managers and agencies shuffled their papers and made their power plays, pretending to manage our wildlife... a deer died quickly and quietly at the hands of a predator, like they've done for 100 years. None of those people in the valley below saw it, knew about it, or had anything to do with it. Nor will they have anything to do with nature replacing that dead deer, maybe with one deer, maybe with two.

But you can bet they'll take credit for it when it happens.

-Dawg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom