RAC positions

Were does it say you need the blessing of a conservation group. Anyone could find a group to nominate you. City council, recreation group.etc.

>Were does it say you need
>the blessing of a conservation
>group. Anyone could find a
>group to nominate you.
>City council, recreation group.etc.

Why should you need to be nominated for anything? This isn't high school homecoming.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-21-19 AT 03:31PM (MST)[p]>
>Why should you need to be
>nominated for anything?

How else would they know who is in who's pocket? At least they're open about it.

Grizzly

-----------------------------------------
"This is a classic case of a handful of greedy fly fishermen getting too greedy." -Don Peay, Founder of SFW, as told to KUTV

"It's time to revisit the widely accepted principle in the United States and Canada that game is a public resource."
-Don Peay, Founder of SFW, as quoted in Anchorage Daily News

For example, if you want to fill a sportsman's vacancy, you must contact a Utah sportsman's group and ask them to nominate you for the vacancy. Federal land-management agencies appoint their own representatives to the RACs.

That is a quote from the release above. If you want to be nominated for a sportsman?s vacancy you have to be nominated by a Utah sportsman group?

Why do you have to be nominated by a sportsman group to be a sportsman?s representative?

What am I missing Birdman?

Rich

I would guess with all the applications po eople put in it gives the division an understanding of each individual. Its not hard to have any group nominate you but i guess if your afraid to follow the rules set up they should not be on a rac. I am guessing people use that for an excuse to not be on a rac. Its easier to complain than to try to fix problems. There are so many groups that can nominate there really is no excuse for spending 6 evenings a year to help with hunting.

I guess it is easier to complain about what goes on in Utah than try to fix the problem. Yes you want things fixed but you want someone else to do it so you can blame them

>I guess it is easier to
>complain about what goes on
>in Utah than try to
>fix the problem. Yes
>you want things fixed but
>you want someone else to
>do it so you can
>blame them

Like many of us have tried to do with the Expo and the money and the bid process? YEP, follow the rules he says, or keep complaining? Funniest thing i have read in years!! Thanks for my friday morning laugh!!!

Individuals that hold positions on the RAC/Board are supposed to represent certain groups or constituencies. That is probably why they want applicants to have a nomination and letters of support to show that they have backing and would be a good representative. There are some people that want to serve to represent themselves or their own personal interests. That goes against what the RAC/Board process is supposed to accomplish. These positions are intended to be filled with representatives that can effectively represent a constituency.

They do also have "at large" positions which probably gives a little more flexibility.

Dax

The opening on the central rac is at large. You dont have to have a sportsmens group nominate. Hogle zoo nominated one rac member. But they do want people that are good. If someone recommends you they think you would be good. If your excuse is not finding someone to nominate you, then maybe you shouldnt be on the rac.

I think the reason folks are frustrated is they don't understand why somebody representing sportsman on a RAC would need to be nominated by conservation group. How many hunters and sportsman do we have in the state of Utah? And how many of those individuals sportsman are even a member of a conservation group? Why should we allow the conservation groups to dictate who can represent sportsmen? This is just another example of how a couple of these groups garnered significant control over the decision making process. This reminds me of a couple of years ago when the 7 member WB included 4 high ranking SFW officials, including two former presidents of us of SFW. Surprise, surprise. The groups have lobbied for and enacted rules that benefit themselves.

Oops, there I go complaining again.

-Hawkeye-

My Favorite Expo Tag Quotes:

"It is fair to ask how much comes in with the five dollar application fees and how much went onto the ground.? Don Peay of SFW during 3/31/2005 Wildlife Board Meeting.

"There will be a full accounting of how the applications fees are spent.? Don Peay of SFW - 9/26/2006 - Monstermuleys.com

Hawk, you know as well as i do a person needs to be nominated for the rac. Doesnt have to be a sportsmens group all though that see.s to be the feeling. Rmef had a member, bha has one, bowman's asso has one but they do not all rep sportsmen. Even hogle zoo has one. Just an organization to nominate you. A city council, cattlemens asso. But to continually say it has to be a sportmens group is wrong. Irs a goid excuse to use though so you dont have to put in. Easier to sit on the couch and complain than to get involved.

I quoted your previous post and you went on about how it is not hard to get nominated by a group. How many other states have a wildlife board that you have to be nominated by a group? I didn't say it was SFW that did this, but you come to the rescue, was this a SFW rule?

Rich

LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-19 AT 01:11PM (MST)[p]Birdman-

Slow down and read my post and then re-read the link that you posted. I never said that conservation groups are the only groups that can nominate RAC members. What I asked is why does somebody who wants to represent sportsmen on a RAC need to be nominated by conservation group. The DWR announcement states as follows:

-If you want to represent the public at large, you must contact a group in your community and ask them to nominate you. Political groups, town councils, animal sanctuary committees and recreational groups are examples of groups that have nominated people in the past.
-If you want to fill one of the other positions on the RAC ? except for the federal land- management agency position ? you must contact a conservation group or organization in your region and ask that they nominate you to serve in the vacancy you'd like to fill."

https://wildlife.utah.gov/wildlife-news/2363-help-decide-how-wildlife-is-managed-in-utah-3.html

According to this posting from the DWR, if you are seeking to represent the "public large" then you can be nominated by any group. However, if you want to fill one of the other positions such as the "sportsmen's rep" then "you must contact a conservation group or organization in your region and ask that they nominate you." The posting even gives the following example: "For example, if you want to fill a sportsman's vacancy, you must contact a Utah sportsman's group and ask them to nominate you for the vacancy." That seems pretty clear to me.

So once again, why does somebody who wants to represent sportsmen and serve as a "sportsmen's rep" need to be nominated by conservation group? How many hunters and sportsman do we have in the state of Utah? And how many of those individuals sportsman are even a member of a conservation group? So why should we allow the conservation groups to dictate who can represent sportsmen on the various RACs?

-Hawkeye-

"It is fair to ask how much comes in with the five dollar application fees and how much went onto the ground.? Don Peay of SFW during 3/31/2005 Wildlife Board Meeting.

"There will be a full accounting of how the applications fees are spent.? Don Peay of SFW - 9/26/2006 - Monstermuleys.com

LAST EDITED ON Mar-28-19 AT 10:34PM (MST)[p]Pretty sure Hawk they do it to piss off mm people and it seams to be working.
Guess it could be that conservation groups are always active in jumping in to help when things are needed to be done. Maybe its payback for the different groups for all their efforts.

Agreed. ?I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine.?

-Hawkeye-

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom