Raffle tags

N

NDhunter

So any of you guys out there ever draw a tag through a raffle? I was looking into raffles but can't seem to find odds, probably don't want to know anyway. Can they be much worse than the regular drawing odds in most states though?? Any info would be appreciated. Semper Fi.

Anything you can do to increase your chances helps......unless you want to buy an auction tag. A couple of weeks ago, the Governor auction Antelope tag went for about $72,000 in AZ. :7

LAST EDITED ON Apr-05-03 AT 06:33PM (MST)[p]I heard that last year in Washington state, the odds for a goat tag were better in the raffle than they were in the actual permit draw. I don't know why that is, there was only one raffle tag and 21 permit tags( although you can only choose up to four choices). you can put in for the permit hunt for around five bucks, and the raffle tickets are five bucks as well.
You can buy as many raffle tickets as you want, but only get four choices for a permit hunt. Oh well, I'm not going to try and understand it.

I don't know of any of the raffles that calculate the odds, which change each year of course. Washington state shows how many tags have been sold to date on their website. You'd have to contact all of the different groups doing the raffles to find out how many tickets they sold the previous year.
The gentleman that drew the raffle tag in NM last year only purchased one $20 ticket, so it does happen. Other folks buy thousands of $ worth of tickets and sometimes swing the odds in their favorf. But it doesn't work every time.

Hey RamDreamer,

I'm not sure if I can live up to those tandards: "Gentleman". Man, what pressure. I suppose I should buy you a beer at Reno next year. Now I understand your motive. LOL

ramslam

Didn't mean to put pressure on you. You can buy the beer for my wife, you'd want to talk to her anyway since she's the one that drew the Lincoln Cliffs tag. (You met both of us standing in front of the NM booth in Reno.) Hunted and took that ram all by herself. I had to get back to work and she kept on after them without me. I can't help but be jealous looking at it on the wall.

By the way, thanks for the use of your cell phone during the WA FNAWS auction.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom