Rain and cooler weather

eastside1

Was wondering if rain and cooler weather had come to unit 61 or is it still hot and dry. I had some time off comming and though about doing some scouting around up there.

Just go to weather.com and type in the town closest to your hunt area. In addition to the 10 day forecast, you can click on the "monthly" tab and see the daily temps and rainfall amounts for the past 2 months. You can even be notified via email when rain is forecasted in your target area.

You can also try the NOAA website. They have daily weather spotters and reports from nearly every town in the state and Rocky Mountain Region including recent weather history. They are a great resource. If ya wanna take it a step further call the Grand Junction office. They are always seeking someone to talk shop with and share their gathered information. Here's the number(970)243-0914.

Al

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

I was on the mountain a week ago and I live directly at the base of the Uncompahgre. It has still been hot but I have been impressed by the summer rains that we have received in July. It hasn't been enough to flood anything but it sure has all of the water holes full and the streams running. The vegetation looks good with the grass showing good continued growth. I think that some of the damage was already done with the severely dry spring and early summer, but that is mostly in terms of the oak brush acorns, berries, etc. I know that some of the veg growth was stunted but the rain has been good and has helped a lot.

The animals all look in good shape. It is still hot and dry but no longer as dry as a popcorn fart like it was. Just my opinion and observations.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom