Raising deer with hounds

FullCryHounds

Whats everyones opinion about raising a deer with your hounds. Will you get dogs that could care less about looking at a deer or some of the best trash running mutts in the country? Always wondered about that.

Not sure about the hound dog crowd, but a lot of bird dog guys will keep a goat around the kennel and most claim it helps keep the dogs from running deer during the hunts.

Rut

I once knew of a hound dogger that kept an old ewe tied up out by the kennel but I don't think it had much to do with the dogs. :) :) :)

LAST EDITED ON Jul-22-03 AT 08:17PM (MST)[p]I bought a redtick from a good friend a couple years back. My friend has an elk ranch with the elk walking around the dogs constantly. The dog never showed any signs of wanting to trash on an elk, but would run a deer in a heart beat. I don't think this was coincidence. I believe the dog was used to elk and had no desire to chase something that he was constantly exposed to. It would definately be worth trying if you have access to a deer.

I'd have to agree with pumaguy. Man, dog or beast has no desire to chase the "readily available".

This has been scientifically proven by none other than Mrs. HoundDawg. After years of trying to locate the Dawg after a hard weeks drinking and carousing, she hired the bartender and local hookers from Hawn's to show up at the Dawg residence every night at 8 pm.

After one week of the "readily available" the Dawg was going to church. Says it just wasn't the same.

Why you rotten, no account back stabbin' bastards. I keep getting these emails from people that say something like, "You need to get over to that MM forum cuz some guy really took a shot at you. Go defend yourself."

Well then I see that it's just CB, that dry gulchin' back shootin' drag ass card sharkin' predator!!

As some of you may know, yesterday was Pioneer day here in Utah and I saw a documentary on TV. CB's ancestors missed out on the big arrival. While Brigham Young was declaring "This is the place"... CB's relatives and turned back on their donkeys and headed for Evanston cuz they'd run outta beer coming down the canyon. They got so damn drunk they took a wrong turn and ended up settling in Cache Valley. They never figured out where Brigham and the rest of the gang ended up until 1920.

Here is another thing I wonder about... Why does he post using the initials CB when his real name is Eric Shunn.

Or is Eric Shunn his nickname, I forget... but I do recall a time camped with him and Kevin up on the divide. It's early morning and we are trying to sleep off some bad Cache brew that Kevin found in Little Stevie's garage. CB suddenly jumps up and goes charging out of the tent headed down to the stream.

I said, "What the hell...." as Kevin was shouting, "What in tarnation ya doin'?" (Tarnation is a Cache valley word)

CB hollers back, "I gotta wash it while the wrinkles are out of it." Still not sure what that was all about but I guess he was a washin' somethin'.

Hurry and read this cuz a moderator will remove it cuz I put my website in all caps and everyone knows that ALL CAPS is a third degree felony on the MM site. ;-) Just wanna make sure they don't miss it.

Hey ya all.. a message from me and Ed. Pucker up git ready. I'll draw an X on my left butt cheek and X marks the spot. ;-)
In Ed's defense, he doesn't get much time here anymore with some health issues plaguing his family. As for me, it just ain't the same without him and some of the old faces gone.

I'll get out here when I can to call BS on all the pack of lies you guys still spew about.

-Dawg
WWW.COUGARTRACKS.COM (inside joke) :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom