Ram Aviation Caribou Kotzebue?

dreamer

RAM Aviation-Kotzebue?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am considering booking a 2008 caribou hunt thru Ram Aviation. Their premium hunt is called "Extreme Caribou" and even though it costs a little more, it includes one free move if the first hunt location is not good. Has anyone hunted with them recently and can you share your experience....numbers of trophy sized bulls seen in the hunt area, quality of service from Ram, etc. They seem like good people so far.

I know nothing of Ram Aviation. I used Northern Air Trophy for a DIY drop hunt this year. I would heartily recommend them. They also can hook you up with a guide if that's to your liking. We all shot bulls that we were very happy to take and the service was as promised.

I don't know how long your planning for your hunt, but you cannot hunt on any day you fly. So, if you spend a day packing and flying and another day unpacking and waiting, you will lose two hunting days on your move. In our experience, it was better to spend some time flying your area to be sure you're near huntable caribou. If you don't see many for a couple of days, it's probable more will head your way soon. Matt knows the caribou well and will put you down in a good area for the time you are there, not where they were last year or even last week.

Hunting caribou out of Kotzebue is not like what you see on tv in Quebec where the outfitter flys you out in front of a group of migrating caribou each day and you just wait on them to walk by. You will have to get high and glass, then plan a way to get in front of a bull you want. We saw enough caribou to keep us hunting 'til dark every day.

Do whatever it takes to go on your trip. I wish I was young enough to be able to go again!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom