Ramcat Broadheads

FamousAddiction

I recently switched to these this year, they fly great and I've already killed a nice buck in CO this year (Pics in CO Forum - Big 3 Down) so their performance seems fine. I do have a question, does/has anyone used these with Gold Tip arrows? I use the XT Hunters and didn't notice (or pay attention for that matter) but they don't screw into the inserts very far. I maybe get 3 full rotations and it bottoms out. It's like the threads are too short if that makes sense. I usually use the inserts that come with the arrows but thinking about it I'm a little nervous to shoot at an elk with them. Is there a shorter insert I can use for the Gold Tip arrows? Does anybody have any experience with what I described above? Thanks in advance.

I aslo started using the RamCat last year when they came out. I LOVE the overall performance of the Broadhead but am too annoyed that it only get 2 1/2-3 turns before it bottoms out. I used them on the end the Easton Axis and FMJ and aslo killed a nice 3 this year in Utah along with a large cow elk. the heavy FMJ had no problem zipping throught that elk's rib cage. this year im going to save 3-4 arrows and not put the insert so far into the arrow so the broadhead can screw in more.

That is likely a short shank on the broadhead. Gold Tip inserts are threaded all the way through so there is plenty of threading to be had.

I only get about three full turns until they bottom out in my Easton axis 340's. I just check them once in a while to make sure they are still tight. Have not had any problem with them loosening while going through an animal. Killed my buck and bull both with them this year and the performance of these heads is unrivaled. Blood trail is an understatement. Quick recovery on both. Bull was shot extreme quartering at 40 yards and still got complete pass through. Buck was shot at 62 yards extreme quartering. The arrow hit the opposite shoulder. Got to see what that back-cut does, and it is nothing nice! Wont be changing anytime soon. I have thought about heating up my HIT insert and bringing it down a bit to get some more threads.

P1060161.jpg

P1060160.jpg

P1060107-1.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom