Rams spotted above Springville UT

huntjock

A buddy of mine called me today and told me he was watching 3 rams just above Springville. We were wondering where these had wandered in from - or, were they recently transplanted nearby. Anybody know?

He said that he could see the rams, and deer and elk in the same view (w/out moving his scope).

Anyway, kind of fun to know they are in our backyard.

Provo Peak - that has to be right. And, yesterday I talked to a guy who knows a guy who caught on video these rams knocking heads pretty good.

They have wintered there for several years now. I live in sprinville and have photos of the same ram for four years. I know its the same one because it has a ear tag with number 15 on it. Its pretty fun to get out and watch them. They usually rut over by rock canyon in provo and move over to springville to winter.

For what it is worth, I believe those sheep most likely come from one of the rock canyon transplants from several years ago. They range all accross that mountain from Provo Canyon to Springville. The original transplant was financially supported by Carl Malone, who also bought the auction tag on that unit this year and harvested a very nice ram. I believe it spent a fair amount of time in the Springville area.
There have been at least two other transplants on Mount Nebo in the past few years, but I doubt those Rams have wandered that far North.
One thing is for sure, they are wonderful animals to watch and we need to do all we can to see that they survive.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom