Randy Newberg & GoHunt Guides? (unlicensed in NV?) Pronghorn giveaway 2023

Crampy

Hey Folks!

I asked Randy Newberg & GoHunt if this is a guided hunt. Neither will reply.

Does NV F&G not care about these type of guided hunts because the payment is less direct? This hunt seems like a commercial operation for profit but I suppose an unsophisticated agency might let this stuff slide if there isn't a large payment they can trace and attribute directly to guiding/outfitting?

1687638347202.png

Hey Folks!

I asked Randy Newberg & GoHunt if this is a guided hunt. Neither will reply.

Does NV F&G not care about these type of guided hunts because the payment is less direct? This hunt seems like a commercial operation for profit but I suppose an unsophisticated agency might let this stuff slide if there isn't a large payment they can trace and attribute directly to guiding/outfitting?

View attachment 113772
Luckily we only realistically have around 10 more years of being Newberged. Pizza almost did him in last fall.

Not to defend the bergbag, but @Crampy what does NVDOW say about it? If you reached out to gohunt and Randy I assume you took the time to reach out to NV dept of wildlife?

possible Land owner Tag donation ????
Probably not a donation. Instead, Newberg & GoHunt probably bought a transferrable landowner tag as part of this promotion for their services ("Insider" and "Outdoor Class"). Then, Newberg guides the winner on the Pronghorn hunt.

It’s probably a go around, a loophole in the tax code kinda thing. Why can Utah have raffles when there are no lotteries allowed? Same type of thing I suppose with Guiding this kinda give away. My guess is that it’s a landowner tag and just like huntin fool and epic membership drives they raise money through a raffle type drawing and then in this case Randy just accompanies the winner to finalize the promotion. It’s a nothing burger really!

It's not "guided" if no money trades hands. Just like I can "guide" my buddy as long as he doesn't compensate me.
It looks to me like entries for the drawing require new subscriptions to GoHunt or purchases from GoHunt, which means that money is involved.

I don't believe buying a chance to win something is considered guiding.
Does selling extra Newberg/GoHunt product makes this "any remuneration...predicated on a business relationship between the parties"?

Or does this sound like the "shared trip expenses" exception for recreational folks hunting together? Remember, the winner and guide Randy are only "hunting together" because of the money spent by the winner. They are not hunting buddies with an established relationship. And Randy pocketed cash from "Outdoor class" subscriptions and some type of payment from GoHunt (for increasing Insider subscriptions and gear shop purchases).

NRS 504.390 ...
(a) “Compensation” means any remuneration given in exchange for providing guide service which is predicated on a business relationship between the parties. The term does not include any reimbursement for shared trip expenses, including, without limitation, expenses for gasoline, food or any other expenses that are generally associated with persons who are engaging in recreational hunting or fishing together.

Newberg annoys me much as anyone. But it’s not like a rug has been pulled off of some scheme.

I guarantee him and go hunt like any organization who does a give away raffle etc sought legal counsel before to make sure it was all fine in the eyes of the law before making hundreds of posts to thousands of social media followers. The idea of this can be dumb but they are not dumb.

Does selling extra Newberg/GoHunt product makes this "any remuneration...predicated on a business relationship between the parties"?

Or does this sound like the "shared trip expenses" exception for recreational folks hunting together? Remember, the winner and guide Randy are only "hunting together" because of the money spent by the winner. They are not hunting buddies with an established relationship. And Randy pocketed cash from "Outdoor class" subscriptions and some type of payment from GoHunt (for increasing Insider subscriptions and gear shop purchases).

NRS 504.390 ...
(a) “Compensation” means any remuneration given in exchange for providing guide service which is predicated on a business relationship between the parties. The term does not include any reimbursement for shared trip expenses, including, without limitation, expenses for gasoline, food or any other expenses that are generally associated with persons who are engaging in recreational hunting or fishing together.
Well what does Nevada say? Or are you going to keep being a crying *****?

Newberg annoys me much as anyone. But it’s not like a rug has been pulled off of some scheme.

I guarantee him and go hunt like any organization who does a give away raffle etc sought legal counsel before to make sure it was all fine in the eyes of the law before making hundreds of posts to thousands of social media followers. The idea of this can be dumb but they are not dumb.

This.

Gooberberg is annoying for sure. Crampy has seriously nothing to do if this is how he fills out his day. Crampy is probably sitting in his moms basement thinking “How can I get that gooberberg, that ******* promoted hunting too much and ruined my life!”

Gooberberg is annoying for sure. Crampy has seriously nothing to do if this is how he fills out his day. Crampy is probably sitting in his moms basement thinking “How can I get that gooberberg, that ******* promoted hunting too much and ruined my life!”
Hahaha so true. Poor crappy.

Randy newberg is a f stick for sure. I wouldn’t piss on him if he was on fire.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom