Range Creek/ Anthro

arch3614elk

I drove through Nine mile with the wife over the weekend and liked some of the area, seeing a nice 4X4 buck helped too. I had a chance to hunt Minnie Maud for elk a couple years ago but didn't do it...How are Range Creek and Anthro for elk & deer..Just curious what some of you know about that area..

If you don't know it you'll probably never kill an elk down there scout a lot and for deer if you can kill a big buck down there you've done well my boss hunts it and says its a tough unit.

it's hard hunting. but if you put in the time and use your binos, you'll turn up something. i had a buddy kill a 340 bull out of there last week.

The Private landlocks the public alot there and the landowners take Trespassing serious and the DWR Seems to lean towards the land owner in most Situations I have heard.

Range Creek is tough hunting, the deer population is in the crapper and has gone down over the last several years, I think the winter last year put a hurtin on them.

The elk hunting can be okay, but generally will require permision on private to get to them. That Minnie Maud Crick area holds some good animals, get your checkbook out and you can hun that area for a nomimal fee.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom