Range Finder, Bino Review

lone_hunter

I just got back from a bowhunt where I used my Leica CRF 1200 rangefinder and Zeiss Victory Compacts under real conditions for the first time.

The Leica is awsome. The optics are crystal clear, even in low light. The laser is super fast. I had an enexpensive reangefinder that I had difficulty ranging light colored objects. The Leica performed under every condition. The compact size is great, and light weight. It truly does fit in a shirt pocket. I used it many times as my only optics on me in wooded close quarter hunts. That being said, my wife has a Nikon 440. My optics were vastly superior, but the Nikon ranged exactly as mine and was nearly as fast. I don't regret buying the Leica, but I think most hunters would want to weigh the cost difference.

I also have a new pair of Zeiss Victory Compacts. I have almost always used compacts for the size and weight, and the area I hunt does not offer a lot of long range glassing opportunities. I love my new Ziess. I had some old Goldrings, but the new Ziess optics are superior. They are also lightweight and easy to handle, even with one hand. I definetly recommend them for a great pair of compacts.

By the way, no kills on the hunt. I missed a great buck on Labor day. Oh well, I tend to get even with a muzzleloader.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom