Rangefinder and Binocular Combos?

tapehoser

Are there such optics that serve as both rangefinders and binoculars at the same time?

What are the cheapest models available?

I am new to optics. Sorry if this has been covered before. Perhaps I should just head down to Sportsman's Warehouse and get an optics lesson. Thanks!

Tapehoser, yes there are binos with rangefinders, but unfortunately cheap doesn't equal good. Leica has an awesome combo called the Geovid, and unfortunately sells for around $1899, maybe more now. I am not an expert, just passing on a bit of info. Talk to Doug from Cameraland, his info is as follows and he is the real expert here:
Camera Land
212-753-5128
[email protected]

He also goes by gr8fuldoug on this forum.

Take care,
Dave

A standard rangefinder, which is the least expensive way to go, will have approx. a 7x power magnification but it is not designed to use as a binocular. It can be used as monocular in a pinch, but not for any real glassing time.

Leica makes the Geovid series. This is a very high quality binocular with a built in laser rangefinder good to about 1200 yards or so.
It is available in..
8x42
8x56
10x42
15x56
We do offer Leica Certified Pre-Owned units, starting @ $1399.99. These are in as new optical and operational condition and have a Leica 1 year warranty, case, strap and battery. If you want a combo unit this is really the way to go.
As with anything else, please feel free to give me a call to talk about it.

If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
212-753-5128
[email protected]

Well that sucks.

I just hate the thought of carrying both a rangefinder AND a set of binoculars through the field and up and down these mountains in Utah.

GRRRRRRRRRR

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom