Rangefinders w ARC?

jbricejr

Does anyone have any experience with the new Rangefinders with Angle Range Compensation (ARC - Bushnell) or True Ballistic Range (TBR - Leupold)? I'm considering buying a Bushnell Scout 1000 w ARC - any experience or knowledge regarding that model would be appreciated. Thanks
John

John, I just ordered Leupold-TBR from Cabelas today. I also had to choose between the Leupold and the Bushnell. I chose the Leupold because I already have the Bushnell Elite 1500 without ARC. Bushnell came out with the ARC after I bought my Elite. I can only say good things about the Elite and I'm very happy with it other than it does not have ARC. Another reason I chose the Leupold is because the model I chose is lighter in weight than the similar Bushnell and the Leupold is weatherproof. They both take goofy battery instead of just a standard battery setup. Be sure to compare them closely. Goodluck, fatrooster.

Thanks Fatrooster. Let me know how you like the Leupold. After I posted yesterday I went back through all the old topics related to rangefinders. There are definitely some negative posts related to the Leupold. The Leica's get great praise from everyone, and there wasn't much info one way or the other on the Bushnell's, so I'm now torn a bit on which way to go. In theory the ARC feature could be pretty helpful, as I hunt steep country here in Idaho, but in real hunting I usually pass on longish shots and try to get closer, and if you're inside of 300 yards with a relatively flat shooting rifle it isn't going to matter much anyway.
John

The Bushnell Scout 1000 ARC are brand new and haven't even shipped to retail stores yet, thus no feedback or reviews yet. I backordered mine about 6 weeks ago from Cablea's. Last word was that they were getting close to selling their entire first run strictly on backorders, meaning none left for the stores. Just and FYI. Bushnell says they'll ship next week.

I got the Bushnell 1500 with arc. Its awesome. It takes a normal
9 volt battery that you can get anywhere. I have ranged Elk at over 500 yards and it tells you how high to hold. It comes with a ballistics chart and has a ton of caliber and ammo options. Im glad I got this one over the leupold, I heard bad things about its performance. You cant go wrong with the bushnell.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom