Rare find Locked Bucks!!!

H

hoofsandhorns

Don't think I shared these shots and story with anyone yet. I tried pitching it to a few magazines including Big Buck but none were interested. Anyway these are two bucks from a few years back that me and two friends of mine came across hunting one morning here in Southern Alberta not far from where I live in Pincher Creek. They were right in the middle of a all out battle but it became clear after watching the fight for a few minutes that they were clearly locked together and there was no doubt they would have been coyote food in a matter of days. Notice the difference in color too.

7091dsc_4753.jpg

2921dsc_4742.jpg

7242dsc_4777.jpg

2036dsc_4759.jpg

The one Buck is a Muley with Whitey Antlers!:D

Wisz was a Hell of a Sport this year even if He did tell the UDWR to F-Off during the Phone Call!:D
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
The next 4 years is Slicks Fault,again,GEEZUS!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

Hey Rod, very cool pictures and a rare find indeed. You and your friends didn't happen to have them mounted locked up like that did you? What a unique mount that would be, specifically with the difference in color on those two bucks.

GBA

Great Photos

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>The one Buck is a Muley
>with Whitey Antlers!:D
>
>
>Wisz was a Hell of a
>Sport this year even if
>He did tell the UDWR
>to F-Off during the Phone
>Call!:D
>15" Bases?
>30" 5ths?
>Missing 450" Bull!
>The next 4 years is Slicks
>Fault,again,GEEZUS!
>GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

Was thinking the exact same thing. Great pics and thanks for posting

Were you able to keep the horns? Did you have to wait for them to die on their own or did the f&g take care of it? Just curious how that all works.

>Hey Rod, very cool pictures and
>a rare find indeed. You
>and your friends didn't happen
>to have them mounted locked
>up like that did you?
>What a unique mount that
>would be, specifically with the
>difference in color on those
>two bucks.
>
>GBA

Ya we did or at least AJ did. It's a real cool mount.

>Were you able to keep the
>horns? Did you have to
>wait for them to die
>on their own or did
>the f&g take care of
>it? Just curious how that
>all works.

There was no waiting. We had tags and were able to take the bucks as they fought after it was clear to us that they were locked and their fate was obvious ether way.

can you post pics of the mounts? I found 2 mule deer locked together dead last year, i ended up having to just cut the horns off the skulls because one had most of his face eaten off. I have looked at mounts of locked bucks and really havent found anything i like yet.

>1....2....3.....BOOM! Good job not letting them
>suffer. Was it tough to
>get them apart?

We didn't get them apart. Would have had to saw an antler off to do it so they were mounted locked together.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom