Rattle Snake training for bird dogs

swampmule

I was looking the name and phone number of the club that puts this class on in August in Boise.Any help would be great.
Thanks

Save your money. I have had one done, and my dogs sister was done at the same time, and it was worthless.
First off they set up a course for the dogs to be led through. At each station the dog is shocked. The level of shock is holocaust. At that point the dog will squirt from their anal glands. The next dog is already scared as it walks to the spot because it smells the squirt form the dog before it. If you are lucky to be to the end, there is so much stink from the other dogs that your dog will be belly crawling as it comes to the station. The fact is most of the people that put on these have NO idea how to do it right and most can't even train a dog. Even after going through the course my dog killed snakes afterwards. I have yet to see it work. Ron

Thank you Idahoron
I did not realize that was how it was done.
I think that I will pass on that I think to much of the dog to do that to him.
Thanks Kelly

sounds like fun....lmmfao

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

You think that is funny, I have pictures. The guy leading my dog was a Mexican fella, the girl handling the snake had purple hair, and the guy with the shock collar was black. I told them after it was over the only thing my dog got out of it was becoming a bigot. In the picture with the guy leading my dog, you can tell she knows something is not right. She had not been shocked yet. This one was put on by the Elko dog club Ron

snaketraining1.jpg

snaketraining2.jpg

snaketraining3.jpg

LMAO...nice shirt......

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

The only good that I saw in the whole thing was the girl was kind of hot. That guy lit my dog UP. I was lucky that she is a very "tough" dog and was not affected the wrong way. To this day she will growl at dark skined men. It is nice that when she is loose in the back yard I don't worry about unwanted visitors in the back yard, lord help him if he comes in the house. Ron

Wow, what your dog went through is horrible. My dogs have never had any training to keep away from rattlers, but a few months ago a 4 1/2 footer was in my back yard coiled and rattling. Both my terriers stayed about 6 feet away and barked like crazy. When I went outside I heard the rattling and called the dogs away. The snake was dispatched with an 8 iron...the best club in my bag!
I had my dogs vaccinated with a rattlesnake treatment. According to the vet it will keep them from dying should they get bitten. I think all dogs are pretty smart and like humans should they encounter a rattlesnake they tend to give a wide berth. The only good rattlesnake is a dead rattlesnake!
Paul
Nice Rack Taxidermy

If it's done right it works. My dogs have the shot, but it's not a sure thing either. I would have my dogs snake broke if I knew who was putting on the clinic, they have already been started on the training by me. People with purple hair are generally untrustworthy.

People with
>purple hair are generally untrustworthy.
>
But, do you think the carpet matches the drapes?}>

LAST EDITED ON Jul-19-09 AT 08:00PM (MST)[p]...now I'm really ROTF LMMFAO.......get any better pics of her???

...there is nothing funnier than a racist dog....lol

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

She is an equal oppertunity biggot, she hates about everybody, NOW.
The way I see it the only way the snake breaking can work is if they have a new spot to place the snake every time. The dogs MUST not be able to smell where the dog before it lost it's bodly functions in the heat of things. In my opinion the guy with the transmitter did not have a clue, the guy handling my dog was scared of her, and he should have been. And the hottie with the purple hair was the snake handler. I think she was there to help the men forget that their dogs were being cooked.
One lady brought a small dog, probably a mixed breed to the class. After she saw a couple dogs go through it she said her dog would burst into flames with a shock like that. Now that might have been cool. A poodle "flames on" then attacks the the whole bunch. No chance in he11 I would do that again.
Ron

Anyone that does it just look out and watch how they do it. If the dogs are spooky heading out to the stations where the snakes are, that means they are clueing in on scent from the other dogs. Ron

Good advice! A dog needs to be calm and relaxed in order to learn. A tense dog just isn't going to grasp the idea.

I posted info about this class in the Nevada forum which will be held in Elko. Now that I know what its about I doubt I will be going. Thanks for making this post. fatrooster.

My shorthair was bit by a Rattler lastnite..
I was out setting up an Antelope blind on a water hole at midnite.
I only took about 5 minutes to set it up,, let my dog out to sniff around..When i called for her she came back on 3 legs,, So i checked her out thinking i was going to pull a sticker out.. As i was looking for the sticker, her foot and leg started swelling up right before my eyes and in less than a minute it was more than twice the normal size and still swelling. Got her to the vet about half hour later,,He confirmed it was a snake bite, So he gave her a a few shots and said not to worry she would be fine..
I guess no more checking water holes in flip flops and shorts for me..
He told me that she would have been fine even if i wouldn't have brought her in..I have taken her in to get the snake booster shots two previous years but hadn't yet this year, The vet said she would have been fine without them but the shots had helped quite a bit to keep the effects to a minimum.
Now the worst part for me is she is constantly ripping some very nasty stinkers,,Not sure if it is because of the venom or the meds but she ain't far from getting her ass run outdoors..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom