Ready...Set,,,.Go get em!

sageadvice

Long Time Member
I'm taking a break from packing the camper. I receintly picked up a used pop-up cabover to fit on my tan and white 82 Chev 4x4. Being the camper is new to me, it's surprising how much stuff gotta go in there to be considered well stocked. The good news is once i get what goes in there, in there, it's gonna stay, in there.

I'll be hunting C-2 and C-3, still haven't decided exactly which spot i wanna be Sat at daybreak but for now, getting her ready to pull out tomorrow. The plan is to hunt until Tues, work Wends-Sat, then go again for 4 or 5 days. repeat. This could go on all season if i don't fill out...and i don't plan to. It's unlikely that i'll find a buck that floats my boat. Never know though, just might bump up a toad buck and put a serious damper to his day.

Good luck to all you guys heading to the C and B zones.

Joey

good luck...I also have a B tag but never hunt opening weekend...(tired of being scoped)...wanted to bow hunt but need a shoulder operation so that need's to happen another time.
good luck with the camper, I picked up a older one for my 1/2 ton truck just for duck season(I also have a 04 lance 835 but hated getting it dirty and weighs alot! and I don't have the 3/4 ton anymore, I may just sale it) so I may also use the 92 six pac for my x zone(x-1)and just leave it on for the duck seson(won't take to Utah next month either I will rough it!lol).
I will be off work oct 2nd and won't return until 22nd/23rd then ducks are on! I TENTED AND SLEPT IN THE RAIN PLENTY ENOUGH..
GO GET'EM...
rm

Thanks Rackmaster, yeah them campers are nice to hunt out of, i hear them lances are real nice, especially if you get any serious weather. My rig is only a 1/2 ton but has the duel shock setup up front and factory overloads. I used a full sized cabover for several years on it, nice but too heavy to really off road much. Before that i had a 77 chev 4x4 fleetside with a matching 6 pack cabover. That was a getting around, got around unit. Hunted lots of states and had lots of questions wondering how the heck i got back in where i was! lol 1 Sweet hunting rig.

I'm liking the idea of this light weight popup, it's got a short door though and not very wide. Gonna be tough to get a couple of my lady friends stuffed through that door! lol If they're much bigger than me they might have to pass on going or sleep in the cab! lol

Sounds like you got some great hunting ahead of you! Love this time of year!! Good luck!

Joey

Joey- I wish you luck, my man! I hope you find a big one....not lady friend....DEER!! HaHa. Take care and be careful.

Steve

Good Luck to you! I'm headed to the B zone, I hear my brother's got a four point scouted so now I gotta get him a little tipsy and find out where its hiding, and beat him to it!!!

I got "2" bottles of Wild Turkey 101. Direct me to your camp }>

Good Luck guys! I'll be up there with my dad and son just for the day.

- Rich

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom