Real vs Fake?

BGbasbhat

Very Active Member
Calm down mods...and Feleno...I'm talking about Christmas Trees!

So, I just bought my very first house, and the wifey and I are all moved in. With Christmas around the corner, what are you guys putting up? Arguments for or against?

Real: Smells better. Is obviously natural and homey feeling. OTOH....Sheds needles, gets dry and is a fire hazard, usually isn't perfectly uniform.

Fake: Perfect shape, costs less over the long haul, no needles to pick up, less fire hazard....OTOH, isn't real, so doesn't have the same feeling.

Whatcha think?

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

They both have pro's and con's. I like the real ones for the first week then they become a mess. I have used fake ones for the last several years...

Light a real one on fire a week after it has been cut. You won't ever put one in your house with your kids in it ever again.

That's from about 45 years of fireman experience.

Burn some pine scented incense......

I do like cutting my own and having it grow pinecones, thats the only advantage to the real trees IMO.

2a0fcsk.gif

FAKE! But the cleanest way to get a dead (real) tree out of the house is Saran wrap. Wrap the hole tree up really well starting from the bottom up and it eliminates the majority of the mess.

Anybody but me wonder what the f' pine trees have to do with the birth of jesus?

Slick

slick, I think it's because when the three wise men brought gifts, Mary told them it was too crowded in the manger, so put them outside under that pine tree until morning.

Eel

We buy a potted plant each year, put it on a table and use that. Those needles would always poke me in the head when I bend down to look at what presents I have under the tree. Don't have to worry about that anymore...

Steve
"Get that corn out of my face"

never-catch - lol, mmmmm some nice real ones are pretty hard to beat. Fake ones dont bounce!

nickman - Agreed. Especially here in AZ, things dry out pretty quickly.

Completesportsman - I can't disagree with that!

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

Always been a big debate point in our house. I go for a real 12' tree down in my game room. Wife, on the other hand, likes fake. Now that the kids are gone, we've only got a 6' fake tree.

Why is it she prefers some things to be real, and others fake? And, why is my idea of what is great fake, 180 degrees opposite of what she likes fake? She got her way in both cases!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom