Realistic Expectation

legacy

Very Active Member
I have a brain freeze from just being outside and I need to warm up inside and I'm bored for a minute so here's a question...
In today's world, what would your "realistic" expectation (for "size") be on a top tier mule deer unit?
Here's some variables to consider...
How many points did you burn? (probably a lot considering it's a top-tier unit)
How many days have you hunted and not killed yet?
What's your personal best deer?
Guided/Non guided?
(I'm sure there's others to consider)
If you had to, what would you settle for on the last day? (opposed to eating tag soup)
These are questions that I've ran through my pea-brain many times.
Here's my personal situation... I have 21 points for Utah going into this year. My PB mule deer is about 155".
Just curious to hear some thoughts.

I would hunt for 180+ or 30" wide at least on a top tier unit for sure if not bigger on the very top tier units (never have had a good draw deer tag). Close to the end I'll shoot a 170 buck (on my general tag) in the past. Last year I opted to not shoot a couple bucks in the 160's and had tag soup which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Another thing I say "180" as a frame size reference. I'll shoot a 165" 3 point every day because chances are it'll be more impressive and have a bigger frame than a 180" 4 point. My personal best scoring deer is 194" but he's not my biggest buck.

That all being said there's no right or wrong! If you see a buck that gets you excited that's all that matters! A lot of these "giant" deer on social media that no one can deny makes it so you want the biggest highest scoring buck on the mountain and if you have a great tag and don't do it then you think wow I suck, but in reality most of those deer aren't nearly as big as they look. Camera angles add a lot of inches if you know how to do it....

Sorry to go off into left field with that but it sucks that score takes away so much from the hunt. Which I'm the last person that should be preaching this because I'm one of the people that if I don't kill a big deer I'm about the last person you'd want to hang out with on a hunt...

Last edited:
Legitimate question for sure, I’m right there with you being my best muley is just under 160. I hate like heck to say it but in today’s world it looks like plain dumb luck, the right piece of ground , or a guy needs a lot of money …….

Here's 1 more variable for me... my wife drew in 2017 with 11 points and killed a (gross/green) 180" buck after 3 days of hunting. So I feel like 180" might be the VERY bottom of acceptance.

Last edited:
Here's 1 more variable... my wife drew in 2017 with 11 points and killed a (gross/green) 180" buck after 3 days of hunting. So I feel like 180" might be the VERY bottom of acceptance.
It's all about what you want! In my opinion I'd have a really hard time passing up a 180" buck on a top tier unit in Utah anymore. Reason being almost every big deer on those units has a outfitter sitting on it all the time and will do whatever it takes to kill that deer.

I think 180” is a good benchmark. Also never set foot in the top Utah units either. That being said I would take a big, nasty old buck that doesn’t score as well over a perfect looking but young/spindly 180 buck.

I’d spend a lot of time scouting so that you can feel like you gave it your all, regardless of the outcome or size of buck.

Well!

We Now Know You Wanna Out-Do Your Wife!

Ain't Happening!:D

(((RAZZIN Ya!:D)))

I Hope It Does Happen But It Won't Be Easy From Here On Out!

Here's 1 more variable for me... my wife drew in 2017 with 11 points and killed a (gross/green) 180" buck after 3 days of hunting. So I feel like 180" might be the VERY bottom of acceptance.

No shame in hiring some professional help.
In fact, I highly recommend it.
You will be hunting a 190+ buck on a rifle tag.
If you decide to go archery and use that new bow you have, you will be targeting 200 inch plus bucks.

Last edited:
I hunt for age over score. Gimme a big ol’ blockheaded Roman-nosed swaybacked potbellied slob with awesome mass and maybe even a couple extras (if I’m lucky) and I am happy on any tag any where. I’ve never scored anything but have a few legitimate 180-190 class bucks.

FWIW, I drive out west to bring something home. I live a LONG WAYS away from mule deer (Indiana). I have no interest in eating a tag. Maybe one day this will change but I feel I’m far from it currently—lol. 40 hours in a truck seat and fuel and lodging and tags and food, and, and, and I’m wanting to FEEL some recoil! Haha!

If I lived amongst big ol mulies and had regular encounters with them, as I do really nice corn fed whitetails, I’d probably feel different about it. I have no problem going a year here at home and not taking a whitetail and giving em another year.

This is something that is never talked about in these threads. Do you “live” amongst the quarry you’re pursuing or is it an absolute joyous treat once you have finally travelled far enough on your destination that you see your first one—even if it’s just a mama and her baby? I’m smiling just thinking about it.

I’m always so ecstatic when I finally make it far enough west and I see the terrain change and finally see my first mulie. I’m jealous of you guys that get to live “out there.”

Unlike most folks, I still hunt for myself for fun. I don't have to kill a buck to have fun. As has been said, I think 180 is a good standard. Problem is, many to most folks can't tell a 180 quickly. I will also shoot a rugged old buck with mass, especially if he has some trash. I'm not a tried-and-true score guy. I had licenses in three states this year and never saw a buck I would shoot,. That happens a lot, and I still had a lot of fun. Saw some really great country, met many good people and enjoyed the heck out of myself. I can shoot a cow elk or one of those verminous whitetails for meat, right near home. I leave the young bucks for others, and hope the bucks get to grow up. We like beef a lot at our house, too.

I've killed some solid bucks but have never scored one. Friends have scored some of mine, but I don't score my deer. Just not my deal.

I also don't see hunting as a competitive sport. Do what you like and enjoy yourself. In today's' world it's hard to find giant bucks regularly. Have fun. Take a kid or grandkid. My wife's first and only mule deer was 31.5" wide. Wider than any buck I have ever gotten. I'm still really happy for her. That hunt is a great memory we shared.

Bottom line for me is explore some country and have some fun.

No shame in hiring some professional help.
In fact, I highly recommend it.
You will be hunting a 190+ buck on a rifle tag.
If you decide to go archery and use that new bow you have, you will be targeting 200 inch plus bucks.

At the end of the day, I really hope 190"+ is doable (and I believe it is). But you know how hunting goes.

I believe you missed the biggest key. How much time are you will to put in scouting. Pre 2018 I had a pile of 140-160 bucks. I drew an Expo tag on a unit close to where I had just recently moved to. I have never set foot on the unit, I got super focused and was determined to kill a buck over 180 (Which is well above average for that unit but doable). I scout 41 days before the rifle hunt opened. When the rifle hunt opened all of my top 8 bucks had been killed on the archery and muzzy hunts. But I knew the country and knew the deer pockets. I passed a lot of bucks in the 160 plus range including two bucks over 170 early in the hunt. On day 8 I killed a 187" typical that I was elated with. 2019 I decided to use the knowledge I had gained and burned by points on an archery tag for the unit, dad and buddy on muzzy and brother on rifle. 2019 antler growth was unreal so my expectations grew. By the start of the archery hunt I had put in 38 days scouting. Opening day my #1 buck got shot by another hunter, so I shifted to my back up bucks, night 17 of the hunt I was lucky and killed a 189 " typical that I had passed earlier. Buddy killed a 32" 188 buck on the muzzy and brother killed a 203" nontypical on the rifle, Total days on the unit in 2019..76. 2020, wife burned her points on rifle. Same story as 2018, most of my top end bucks gone by the start of the rifle but we had put in over 45 days scouting. Day 10 (last day) at 2:30pm she killed a 183 typical...total day in 2020...55. That is doable for me because I live 25 mins from the edge of the unit, I can hit it in the morning and most nights if I make it a priority. Spending that much time changed how I hunt and my focus, I was able to learn how where old deer lived and acted. I was an LE unit but it definitely changed how I hunt.

Fast forward to this year in CO. Low point unit for my son and myself. 3rd season with virtually no rut. But we had e-scouted the hell out of the unit. We had applied a lot of same approach as we had the past 5 years on other units. We left early and still put in extra days before the hunt opened in CO. We hit as many of the OnX spots we had marked before the hunt as we could. The night before the opener we had pounded an hour and 40 mins down a horrible road to get to a spot my son had marked as one of our top 3 "Must look at' spots from e-scouting. We got there and immediately picked up a shooter buck, with in 10 mins we had found 2 more shooters. Opening morning I was luck and the big buck walked out at 184 yards. He's 212 and change and my biggest buck to date. 5 days later Garrett killed a mature 27" 4 point 200 yards from where I killed mine.

I feel like scouting is the key unless you want to rely on luck. Once that switch flips it seems like you think and approach it a lot differently.

From what I see today unless you have a governor's tag or something you better not pass a 180 buck anywhere unless you're willing to eat your tag. I did just that on the late Kaibab a few years ago. since my best buck is a 202 I wanted something over 200. and I came home with what the little boy shot at. Hunted 66 3rd in CO last year and didn't see anything over 160.

You could get something over 180 in several places, and you might win mega bucks too. my wife will draw the Pauns in the next couple years and I'll probably get her a guide since I know nothing about it. but I won't encourage her to pass a 180 buck.

And by 180 I mean 180 B&C , not 180 fish story .

I believe you missed the biggest key. How much time are you will to put in scouting. Pre 2018 I had a pile of 140-160 bucks. I drew an Expo tag on a unit close to where I had just recently moved to. I have never set foot on the unit, I got super focused and was determined to kill a buck over 180 (Which is well above average for that unit but doable). I scout 41 days before the rifle hunt opened. When the rifle hunt opened all of my top 8 bucks had been killed on the archery and muzzy hunts. But I knew the country and knew the deer pockets. I passed a lot of bucks in the 160 plus range including two bucks over 170 early in the hunt. On day 8 I killed a 187" typical that I was elated with. 2019 I decided to use the knowledge I had gained and burned by points on an archery tag for the unit, dad and buddy on muzzy and brother on rifle. 2019 antler growth was unreal so my expectations grew. By the start of the archery hunt I had put in 38 days scouting. Opening day my #1 buck got shot by another hunter, so I shifted to my back up bucks, night 17 of the hunt I was lucky and killed a 189 " typical that I had passed earlier. Buddy killed a 32" 188 buck on the muzzy and brother killed a 203" nontypical on the rifle, Total days on the unit in 2019..76. 2020, wife burned her points on rifle. Same story as 2018, most of my top end bucks gone by the start of the rifle but we had put in over 45 days scouting. Day 10 (last day) at 2:30pm she killed a 183 typical...total day in 2020...55. That is doable for me because I live 25 mins from the edge of the unit, I can hit it in the morning and most nights if I make it a priority. Spending that much time changed how I hunt and my focus, I was able to learn how where old deer lived and acted. I was an LE unit but it definitely changed how I hunt.

Fast forward to this year in CO. Low point unit for my son and myself. 3rd season with virtually no rut. But we had e-scouted the hell out of the unit. We had applied a lot of same approach as we had the past 5 years on other units. We left early and still put in extra days before the hunt opened in CO. We hit as many of the OnX spots we had marked before the hunt as we could. The night before the opener we had pounded an hour and 40 mins down a horrible road to get to a spot my son had marked as one of our top 3 "Must look at' spots from e-scouting. We got there and immediately picked up a shooter buck, with in 10 mins we had found 2 more shooters. Opening morning I was luck and the big buck walked out at 184 yards. He's 212 and change and my biggest buck to date. 5 days later Garrett killed a mature 27" 4 point 200 yards from where I killed mine.

I feel like scouting is the key unless you want to rely on luck. Once that switch flips it seems like you think and approach it a lot differently.

I have actually recently come to the realization that I will never be one of these guys that consistently kills big bucks year after year. It's just not in the cards for me. And the reason being is that I do not have the time to put into what it takes to do so and my job is the #1 reason. My wife & family also have certain expectations. It's just the way it is. I'm lucky to get in a couple of scouting trips a year. Things will be different if I actually draw a LE tag. I'll certainly be scouting a ton and maybe even considering hiring help. I'll have help either way. I've spent a lot of time on the unit hunting and scouting over the course of the past 25+ years so it's not like I'll be setting foot on an unfamiliar unit for the first time. When I draw a tag, it will ultimately be a once in a lifetime type of thing for me. I think we're all in different situations so there are a lot of things to consider and we really have to consider our own personal expectations, limitations, abilities, etc... I know plenty of guys that spend days & days and weeks & weeks scouting and hunting all year long. Kudos to those guys! That will never be me. I can only do what I can do. So when I do draw a tag, no doubt I'll give it hell. But even then, there's only so much I can do. Looking forward to that day though.

You Won't Need A Guide!

From what I see today unless you have a governor's tag or something you better not pass a 180 buck anywhere unless you're willing to eat your tag. I did just that on the late Kaibab a few years ago. since my best buck is a 202 I wanted something over 200. and I came home with what the little boy shot at. Hunted 66 3rd in CO last year and didn't see anything over 160.

You could get something over 180 in several places, and you might win mega bucks too. my wife will draw the Pauns in the next couple years and I'll probably get her a guide since I know nothing about it. but I won't encourage her to pass a 180 buck.

And by 180 I mean 180 B&C , not 180 fish story .

This is pure gold!

I’ll echo this sentiment to a lesser degree in antler size or lack of in case of a buddies cow elk tag. Even a handful of scouting days (even as low as 2) goes a long long way.
I’ll be honest and say I like hunting new terrain (luck?) but when the chips are down scouting pays dividend(obviously stated from the quoted)

Well that's a hard call. I would probably hold out for 180 but if my biggest buck was 155 and there was a bigger buck than that the last day I would shoot it.

Man I got 14 points and I'm having a hell of a time deciding what to do, do I stick with the unit closest to my house that my boy killed a 170" buck on 2 years ago or do I go to a unit that I've never been to (book cliffs) and have a layed back hunt with the family and try to be happy with a 150" buck. It's not about the score for me but more if the buck turns my crank like Remington said. But is there many 150" bucks that would turn my crank? 14 years to me is alot of points so I feel a certain amount of pressure to kill a 180+ buck but I don't want to wait another 14 years to draw a premium unit. I've killed 2 bucks a hair over 180 one with my bow and one with my rifle. Too many decisions to try to make.

I make it real easy on myself. I've never had a great deer tag and I seldom put in for them. I make my living on low and mid tier hunts and feel I've done better than average with those opportunities. If I ever get "lucky" and get a premium tag somehow, I'll keep it to myself, take my son, and go have a fun time without a second thought about any expectations. My job is all about stress, competition, and expectations so I get my fill of that nonsense long before hunting season rolls around and its time to have fun! -----SS

I make it real easy on myself. I've never had a great deer tag and I seldom put in for them. I make my living on low and mid tier hunts and feel I've done better than average with those opportunities. If I ever get "lucky" and get a premium tag somehow, I'll keep it to myself, take my son, and go have a fun time without a second thought about any expectations. My job is all about stress, competition, and expectations so I get my fill of that nonsense long before hunting season rolls around and its time to have fun! -----SS
That's a good way to look at it, there's enough stress in everyday life why add stress to the things that we do to get away from stress.

Cue the Hulk Hogan "He*l yeah, brother!"

Have fun and get a big one if it Happens. Iv'e only had one Great tag in my life and He is in my avatar . 184 Kaibab buck 5 tears ago. G & F aged him at 7 and a half . He was a old tank. Wish I would of focussed on Muleys at a Younger age. I always worried about Elk and Coues deer. Have fun.

All really good input. And I wholeheartedly agree that just having fun is the most important thing (and that will certainly be done). But at the same time, having invested a quarter of a century into a tag, there's a little more to it. And unfortunately that's what this has turned into. Fortunately there's always other opportunities to be had and having my son with me means more than anything. I was able to have him with me on a backpack hunting trip to Wyoming this year where I passed up several deer and ate tag soup and we had the time of our lives. Something either one of us will ever forget.

Here's a funny story that I've shared on here before...

My hunting buddy drew the same LE deer tag with 17 points that my wife drew with 11 points. He was already very familiar with the unit and scouted a ton that year before the season began. He was pretty fired up and his expectations were very high and he publicly stated "200" club here I come!" (a day before the hunt started?‍). I knew he was already in big trouble at that point. Needless to say he hunted hard every single day, had some opportunities on some bigger bucks, but ends up killing a 180" buck on the afternoon of the last day of the hunt. To this day he still loses sleep over it. I've tried to convince him that his buck is a very respectable buck and that he should be very proud of. He's having a hard time buying that. To pour salt in the wound, my wife had never killed a deer and had some major time constraints with work, kids, school, etc... so she couldn't hunt very many days, and she ends up killing a 180" buck after day 3.
The 2 bucks score almost identical. For him, he considers it a failure. For my wife and I, her buck exceeded our expectations and she couldn't be more happy.
I absolutely think perspective & expectation has gotten out of hand. With that being said, I can understand having fairly high expectations having applied for a tag for 20+ years. But I agree that the expectation of a 200" buck is pretty crazy (but not impossible).

There are a few folks on MM who DYI kill large antlered deer quite regularly. Founder is one, liecabucks is another, Travic Roundy (can’t remember is MM name), bugelboy are two that don’t check in to often anymore.

It would be interesting how these gentlemen go about finding and killing large antlered deer.

I would think it starts out, without it ever being a conscious thought…….. “I never kill small antlered deer………. Period”. It’s just never a thought that goes through their mind……. before, after or during any hunt.

There are a few folks on MM who DYI kill large antlered deer quite regularly. Founder is one, liecabucks is another, Travic Roundy (can’t remember is MM name), bugelboy are two that don’t check in to often anymore.

It would be interesting how these gentlemen go about finding and killing large antlered deer.

I would think it starts out, without it ever being a conscious thought…….. “I never kill small antlered deer………. Period”. It’s just never a thought that goes through their mind……. before, after or during any hunt.

I think this falls into the 90/10 rule. 90% of the big bucks are killed by 10% of the same people. Or so it seems.

A true 180 is a big deer. It’s even bigger considering a lot of dudes out there are claiming 160s are 180. So to find one that truly makes the mark on your own, in the conditions of today’s utah muledeer herds, I’d have a hard time saying 180 is the bottom of what’s acceptable. Especially when the best buck I’ve killed is a 155. Even with 21 points invested, there’s no guarantee to any size of deer you’ll find or get a chance at. I see this issue every year with elk on the unit I hunt. Someone dumps 18 points into it, thinks they will just find a 380 bull no issues. Then the hunt starts and they start passing elk that are top tier bulls for the unit, thinking that they have already earned a certain size animal just by the amount of time they waited for a permit. Then reality hits and it’s a scramble and miserable rest of the hunt which usually ends in disappointment when they shoot a 300 bull. I know a guy this year that let a solid 345-350 bull go opening weekend, only to shoot a 270 5 point on the 2nd to last day. He was mad about the results and even mentioned that he waited so long for such a little bull…. People usually set the bar too high and it always leaves a bad taste in their mouth at the end when they do.

Personally I wouldn’t let a 180 walk with any amount of points invested, unless I had many years experience on the unit and knew the area better than I know my own home and had a lot of help from experienced people that know what they are doing with the same knowledge of the area I had.

Whatever you decide to do, set a realistic goal with the goal of a successful hunt to include more than a set of antlers.

Width is over rated IMO, far too many get hung up on ”30” dreams, and never realize the 23” buck they just passed would have been the highest scoring they had ever tagged!

I have plenty mounted, and even more in a stack in the garage, and EVERYONE that has ever seen them, always gravitate to the ones with mass!…even over the 30” dreams!

I learned years ago that mass is where it’s at for me…you can keep your spindly 30” outside spread dinks with 22” mains! $0.02

I’d love to see a new scoring system that measured total displacement! Now that would be something!

Width is over rated IMO, far too many get hung up on ”30” dreams, and never realize the 23” buck they just passed would have been the highest scoring they had ever tagged!

I have plenty mounted, and even more in a stack in the garage, and EVERYONE that has ever seen them, always gravitate to the ones with mass!…even over the 30” dreams!

I learned years ago that mass is where it’s at for me…you can keep your spindly 30” outside spread dinks with 22” mains! $0.02

I’d love to see a new scoring system that measured total displacement! Now that would be something!
All truth! My highest scoring buck…by over 24” only has an inside spread of 18” and out side of 22.5”.

The only advice I can give is don’t wonder off and and tag out 30 minutes into opening day while your hunting buddy is sitting on two big bucks. 😜

With that said, I might have a few days I can come be a spotter.

I would say 180 is the typical benchmark/standard. But a 180 inch deer is truthfully far and few between about anywhere these days. I think much anymore you have to have the mindset of harvesting the oldest deer possible and throw score out the window. I love killing muleys as much as the next guy but I find myself eating tag soup a lot as of lately..

I sat next to a guy at a 21 table that had 9 grand in chips in front of him. He started with 100 dollars. He dropped down to 6 grand then cashed out. This would never happen to me. Why? Because when I got to $600 I would have been gone. Same happens to me on the mountain. My 2 best deer are 178" and 170". Both are 30" wide and look huge. I could tell you they are 185-190 and no one would doubt it. The only way I will ever kill a buck bigger than those two would be if I spotted it first.

Unlike most folks, I still hunt for myself for fun. I don't have to kill a buck to have fun. As has been said, I think 180 is a good standard. Problem is, many to most folks can't tell a 180 quickly. I will also shoot a rugged old buck with mass, especially if he has some trash. I'm not a tried-and-true score guy. I had licenses in three states this year and never saw a buck I would shoot,. That happens a lot, and I still had a lot of fun. Saw some really great country, met many good people and enjoyed the heck out of myself. I can shoot a cow elk or one of those verminous whitetails for meat, right near home. I leave the young bucks for others, and hope the bucks get to grow up. We like beef a lot at our house, too.

I've killed some solid bucks but have never scored one. Friends have scored some of mine, but I don't score my deer. Just not my deal.

I also don't see hunting as a competitive sport. Do what you like and enjoy yourself. In today's' world it's hard to find giant bucks regularly. Have fun. Take a kid or grandkid. My wife's first and only mule deer was 31.5" wide. Wider than any buck I have ever gotten. I'm still really happy for her. That hunt is a great memory we shared.

Bottom line for me is explore some country and have some fun.
still jealous huh? lol

The only advice I can give is don’t wonder off and and tag out 30 minutes into opening day while your hunting buddy is sitting on two big bucks. 😜

With that said, I might have a few days I can come be a spotter.
*Wander….. before any of the armchair English teachers chime in.

*Wander….. before any of the armchair English teachers chime in.
One time I corrected a person on a facebook page about the proper spelling of the word "chile" as in roasted Hatch green chile peppers (incorrectly spelled chili by this person). So this lady chimed in and called me a "grammer nazi"...so I promptly replied that "grammar" is spelled with two a's and not an a and an e. They promptly kicked me off that page... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I would hunt for 180+ or 30" wide at least on a top tier unit for sure if not bigger on the very top tier units (never have had a good draw deer tag). Close to the end I'll shoot a 170 buck (on my general tag) in the past. Last year I opted to not shoot a couple bucks in the 160's and had tag soup which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Another thing I say "180" as a frame size reference. I'll shoot a 165" 3 point every day because chances are it'll be more impressive and have a bigger frame than a 180" 4 point. My personal best scoring deer is 194" but he's not my biggest buck.

That all being said there's no right or wrong! If you see a buck that gets you excited that's all that matters! A lot of these "giant" deer on social media that no one can deny makes it so you want the biggest highest scoring buck on the mountain and if you have a great tag and don't do it then you think wow I suck, but in reality most of those deer aren't nearly as big as they look. Camera angles add a lot of inches if you know how to do it....

Sorry to go off into left field with that but it sucks that score takes away so much from the hunt. Which I'm the last person that should be preaching this because I'm one of the people that if I don't kill a big deer I'm about the last person you'd want to hang out with on a hunt...
Solid take IMO

This is obviously very subjective depending on the person and their circumstances. But if I have a pile of points say 20+ invested I’m looking for a 200” type buck but I’m also going to be spending a ton of time scouting to see if that’s possible. For example, I had a decent tag last year but took nowhere near 20 points, just one that I was excited about. In my mind up front I thought 200” would be doable, after 4 or 5 scouting trips the biggest I had found was about 185 and decided that was my new goal. I hunted a couple 185 type bucks for a couple weeks, and ended up killing a 195 I hadn’t seen before. My goals would be totally dependent on what I see scouting. But if I have 20+ points I am going to be applying for the type of unit that produces 200” bucks.

A lot of it comes down to the actual unit and year a tag is finally drawn. A hunter with a Henry’s or Antelope Island tag may not consider a 180 buck. The same hunter with a Books tag likely better shoot a 180 buck if he’s lucky to find one. A hunter with a unit 55 or 66 tag in Colo would have different stands today than 12 years ago.

There may be a unit that has more live 180+ bucks within it’s boundaries than others in any given year. if a guy is picky and puts forth a lot of time and boot leather he’ll likely have a decent chance of 180+. It also helps having experience with a unit and help finding the few 180+ that exist.

Some years may be better for antler growth than others. Winterkill and moisture may play roles. Some units may have had 190 potential 5 or 10 years ago but only 170 bucks today (Colos top units are prime examples)!

With that said, I think it definitely helps knowing the potential of a unit and for the particular year a tag is drawn. Then setting your standards accordingly.

As has been said multiple times, if you set your standards higher than the top tier bucks that are actually available in a particular year you better be willing to go home with tag soup!

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom