rebuilding Iraq was flawed

M

manny15

LAST EDITED ON May-26-07 AT 08:49AM (MST)[p]
the design for rebuilding Iraq was flawed from the beginning because it was based on four questionable assumptions, all of them derived from the premise that if everyone in the world had a free choice they would want to be like Americans and would want their nation to be governed like America. This is very similar to the faulty presumption on the part of early American missionaries that churches all over the world should look and behave like churches in America.

The first questionable assumption was that the government of a nation like Iraq could move from a dictatorship to a democracy in a relatively short time as long as there is a superior military force to impose a new government. Most Americans believed that as soon as Saddam Hussein was removed, there would be rejoicing in the streets all over Iraq, that everyone would embrace democracy, and that Iraq would live happily ever after.

The reality is that the transition from totalitarianism to freedom is an extremely slow process that requires a timeline, undoubtedly a much longer one than the corporate patience of America could endure.

The second questionable assumption was that Iraq is a nation and that Iraqi nationalism would trump any internal cultural and religious differences. The reality is that Iraq is only a pseudo-nation, not created by the will of its own people but with boundaries imposed from the beginning by outside forces. Missiologists know that loyalty to the homogeneous cultural unit is, in fact, the highest social loyalty. In Iraq, Kurds, Sunnis and Shiites have a greater loyalty to their respective people group than to their artificial nation. Realistically, they should be regarded as three nations who do not particularly like each other.

Think, for example, of trying to create one nation from Germans, French and Spanish.

The third questionable assumption was that democracy and free national elections would produce strong national leadership. The reality is that under Saddam Hussein there was no second in command on a national level. Shiites are the majority and their leadership, with virtually no past experience of leading a nation, would predictably take charge in a democratic election, but they could not expect to be accepted as leaders by the others, especially by the Sunnis. The Sunnis could not use the democratic process to change this, so their resource becomes force.

The fourth questionable assumption was that Allah is just another name for the true God. This was a great victory for the enemy who is attempting to control the spiritual atmosphere over Iraq. The reality is that Allah is a high-ranking demonic spirit who has come to steal, to kill, and to destroy. As long as Iraqi people worship him, he has legal right to accomplish his vile purposes in their nation. Political correctness may attempt to deny this spiritual reality, but it only plays into the hands of the evil principalities and powers over Babylon. people need to recognize that in the invisible world this is a clash of kingdoms, Good & Evil...

The question is: Who will rule? The kingdom of darkness or the Kingdom of Light?

In conclusion, it would be well to recognize that "E. Pluribus Unum" has not worked in Iraq, just like it could not work in Yugoslavia. Why, then, did it work in America? It worked because the 13 colonies agreed on a common enemy.

They overthrew the enemy from the ground up, not by the will of outside forces.

They had strong indigenous leadership such as Washington and Jefferson. They agreed on a national ideology through the Federalist Papers, largely written by Alexander Hamilton. Most of all, they enjoyed the blessing of God. Not all were Christian believers, but none of the founders of America, as far as we know, openly worshiped a false god such as Allah.

(key words)...homogeneous = of the same or a similar kind or nature

Missiologists = the study of the church's mission especially with respect to missionary activity

This has a religious slant to it but when you deal with Iraq it's all about religion so it's not out of line. this is pretty much correct ( other than the assumption of who's god is the real one )in my opinion, but my question is does the religious right believe this guy? if they do then why are they also the ones supporting Bush's failed policy in Iraq? if we screwed up then let's do something different, not just surge the level of screw up.

Hunt' shouldn't you be out on such nice day...I'm going shooting...LOL...

anyways not all of the religious sect feel confidence in Bush right now, and have stated that he has made some blunders, when it comes to the war, I know a few ministers that I respect that have stated this openly, just with out all the hatred & the curse words...

LAST EDITED ON May-26-07 AT 09:19AM (MST)[p]also when it come's to governmental issue's, who of the little people can change things in a timely maner, we'll just have to wait it out?

right now I have no confidence in Republican or Democrate...

You're right Manny we've got some nice weather for a change, I just came in to clean up and head to the big GTO show at Eagle Crest. you're also right we aren't going to change anything, but we can gripe and vote that's something I guess.

I agree with the basic view of the author.

At some point the US is going to have to say "That's good enough". As far as removing Iraq as an imminate danger to the United States, I think that has been done for now. All that's left is a bunch of thugs with IUDs (or IEDs, whatever :)) and AK-47s. Hardly a threat to Americans here in America. If the Iraqi people do not want a free Nation we can never make it happen.

Evidentally Pres. Bush (the great communicator he is not) wants more. But he should have stated that from the beginning. He should have told the American people his intentions are to convert the whole Islamic world to Christian ideals. A neat idea, but it isn't going to happen. It's not going to happen because a Muslim, by definition, can only live in peace if they rule the world. Christians celebrate life whereas Muslims celebrate death. Sackcloth and ashes is their lot in life, and you can't "love" it out of them.

We need to get back to the original idea of "war on terror". Impress on the rest of the world that if you kill Americans there is going to be one hell of a price to pay! Every bully understands a good ass whoopin'.

Eel

Good post manny. Very true in all respects.
Archerman - Archery hunting addict!

YA!!!

WHAT eel SAID!!!

WE SHOULD OF SHOWED THE WORLD A REAL QUICK ASS KICKIN ON ANY TERRORISTS IN ANY COUNTRY!!!

IF IT TAKES THE BIG WEAPONS SOBEIT!!!

WHEN THE "GGOD PEOPLE" OF A COUNTRY ARE SO GUTLESS THEY WON'T HELP THEIRSELVES OR US IT MAKES A REAL TOUGH SITUATION!!!

I SAID LETS LOWER THE BOOM MANY YEARS AGO!!!

IT STARTED SMALL!!!

SUICIDE BOMBINGS 35 YEARS AGO!!!

IT ESCALATES TO CAR BOMBINGS!!!

THEN EMBACY'S!!!

THEN OUR WAR SHIPS!!!

THEN 9-11!!!

THEN???

THEY GET BIGGER & BIGGER!!!

I'D SHOW THE WORLD WHAT A BIG HIT WAS!!!

I'D SHOW THE MUSILEM WORLD WE CAN & WILL TAKE CARE OF PROBLEMS!!!

NOT THE WAY LITTLE GEORGE HAS DONE IT THOUGH!!!

IT WOULD BE QUICK & SWIFT!!!

NEVERMIND!!!

YOU'VE HEARD ME SAY IT A MILLION TIMES!!!

A QUESTION FOR THE LITTLE GEORGE LOVERS???

WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN TO A BUILDING OF ANY KIND THAT HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH AMERICANS BUILDING IT???

ANSWERS PLEASE???

THE ONLY bobcat!!!

From the beginning of this conflict I have wondered what the true motives behind our out right invasion of a sovereign nation was.

WMD? Possibly? I hope that was not the reason because if so Saddam proved himself far more clever than the US. Saddam was obviously posturing from a position of weakness. He had no WMD but was able to convince us he did. He most likely believed just the implication of WMD would make him a world player, something along the lines of N. Korea or Iran.

Liberating the Iraqis? On some level ?mission accomplished? Saddam is dead as well as most of his family and staff. Once again I don't understand which Iraqis we intend to liberate, Sunni, Shiia, Kurd. These people have been locked in tribal conflict forever.

Corporate greed? Hmmm?.. Huge corporations have been awarded very lucrative contracts to supply the military and re-build Iraq. Oddly enough the major oil companies are now reporting record breaking profits, while the rest of us are now paying historically high prices for fuel even adjusted for inflation. Personally, I have never believed in conspiracy theories.

Combat terrorism? Very noble but why Iraq? Perhaps we have to start somewhere?.. Terrorism is a global conflict and I doubt we can defeat terrorism on a local level.

Religious intolerance? BINGO!!! The very same reason most wars through out history have been waged.

Will it ever end? Sadly no.

RUS

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD RUS!!!

YES!!!

THE OIL COMPANIES ARE REPORTING RECORD BREAKING PROFITS!!!

I SAY IF THE PRESIDENT OF THIS COUNTRY HAD GUTS HE'D STEP IN RIGHT NOW & SAY ENOUGH IS FRICKEN ENOUGH!!!

BUT SINCE HE ENJOYS THE RECORD HIGH PROFITS AS MUCH AS THE THIEVING OIL COMPANIES DO HE JUST SITS BACK & ENJOYS ALL OF US GETTING BENT OVER!!!

WTF IS IT COMMING TO???

THE ONLY bobcat GETTING TIRED OF GETTING BENT OVER BY OUR OWN GOVERNMENT!!!

I would think a possible solution and a way to get the H-E-L-L outta there would be to split the region into 3 sections, that they may understand, maybe we could save time and money.?

That plan has been considered, they'll still fight and kill each other but we aren't going to force them to get along anyway. it's like throwing a bunch of rabid rats in a box and telling them to be nice. at least this administration is starting to wise up by bringing Iraq's muslim neighbors into the talks, while this shows desparation it also shows some signs of intellegence, this is a muslim problem and if a solution is possible muslims will have to be involved.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom