Record Replies on a Post???

O_S_O_K

Ok, so a recent post got me thinking about this and I can't help but to be curious about it.

I was very, very bored last night so I perused through the General archives looking for posts that broke the 200 mark and to see what the record was for the most replies.

Here is what I found (Replies - Title - Date):

202 - Most Unethical archery Shots - 5/18/10
210 - Proposed Wyoming License fee Increase - 1/13/13
213 - What is the age of members and local - 2/1/08
214 - RMEF wants transparency on Special Permits - 7/4/12
219 - Longest Post Here (This is it) - 3/11/05
222 - Utah and the little circus - 9/3/12
237 - Debate - dkpeay VS BigFin - 4/24/12
276 - 2006 MM Roll Call - 4/1/06

and the record goes to
569 - Turtle Hunt (eelgrass) - 5/25/06

To put this in perspective, that is only 10 posts that cleared the 200 mark out of over 15,500 posts. That's .00006%

So what, right?

Well a couple of things I noticed. Most of the high reply posts are controversial in nature, which one would expect. But every now and then we as a community actually post a high number of replies to a post that actually means something.

244 - Founder! Sorry for your loss - 4/26/11

This one make me proud to be an MMer and reminds me of the real reason I like being a member.

Great site with a great bunch of guys/gals that just have differing opinions about the best way to get things done.

Thanks Founder for a great site.

But I got to know, what is the record for the most replies to a post here on MM???

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

LAST EDITED ON Mar-20-13 AT 06:33PM (MST)[p]On & Off Season workout by RANS! 800+

---------------------------------------

Something about a Drinking Game! 675+

Think 1911 started it?
-------------------------------------------------

I think the tortise Thread was a close 3rd???

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

I'd like to see the track chair thread reach a couple hundered, with each reply saying donated.... and mean it. :)

Yelum

Theres logic, and theres women. They don't go together.

Amen to that Yellum!

Another reason I like MM :)

I am going there now to make a donation. Don't know how I missed that one :-(

I hope everyone else can find a few bucks to donate to this awesome cause as well

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

>What about the duck call?
I don't think it ranked as one of the highest quantiy but definately a top 5 in quality :)

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Don't know the amount of posts or have the time right now to go and look. However, one of the great posts with alot of replies that I remember and do not recall one negitive posts was a couple years ago by one of our MM members. He was posting his day by day play of his Utah limited entry elk hunt. I remember myself and numerous others waiting up late at night waiting for him to finish up his hunting day, get back to camp, get something to eat and prepare for the following morning and still finding time to make his post on his daily events on the hunt. The whole time a bunch of MM members were waiting and hoping for him to have success each and every day.

That is one of the awesome posts that sticks out in my mind.

What an awesome site, awesome posts and awesome members. Thanks to all and keep it up!!!

There is a thread in the SHEEP forum that has 170 plus replys with ZERO negative posts....

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Been a few years ago!

Not the highest amount of Posts by any means!

But a Thread worth reading!

"""The Decline of Trophy Mule Deer"""!

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

The "duck call" post (actually titled "Buddies buck from last night (pic)") doesn't have a lot of replies actually (132). But what it lacks in quantity it makes up for 10 times over in quality. A lot of the original photoshopped pics have been lost from the thread, but it will always be the all time classic! It is probably the most re-posted thread of all time too.

In fact:

http://www.monstermuleys.info/cgi-b..._thread&om=13690&forum=DCForumID5&archive=yes

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

rmanwill, I remember that elk hunt also. It was by CAelknuts. I stayed up late nights too! I think it was on the same unit and the same year that the Spider bull was taken.

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom