Record Snow Year!

sageadvice

Long Time Member
I was moving last winter and getting settled into my new-old home a dozen miles or so from my old rental. We had a few storms that piled the snow up some here at my place but i'm now a couple hundred feet higher in elevation than lake level. 332" of snow this past year, that's a lot of snow!

I don't doubt this being true but i sure never would have thought this past season's snow anything like 92-93, it was More!!

http://www.plumasnews.com/index.php...cle&id=8396:precip&catid=97:weather&Itemid=64

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Joey, Whoever wrote that article is nuts. There's no way last year was a wet year. We started it off with a good storm in October but then the storms failed to come in until March. Nov., Dec., Jan. And Feb. were some of the driest on record. Either that writer was looking at another years records or changed the total.

OK......I'll play along.

What is "snow"?

"I could agree with you, but then we would both be
wrong......and stupid"

>Joey, Whoever wrote that article is
>nuts. There's no way last
>year was a wet year.
>We started it off with
>a good storm in October
>but then the storms failed
>to come in until March.
>Nov., Dec., Jan. And Feb.
>were some of the driest
>on record. Either that writer
>was looking at another years
>records or changed the total.
>

+1
horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Well, that's what i thought too! as i said, we had our share of storms come thru but i moved in Feb i think and there was a little remnant or hardly any snow on the ground here in Westwood until after i had settled in. Then we got a foot or so that stuck here and there for the duration of the winter but 28 feet of snow? At Lake level? I don't know!

Now, I wintered in Chester 92-93. There was so much snow, there as no place for it to slide down off the roofs! Windows all completely packed against with snow, no ladder needed to get on roofs, had to shovel snow up off the roofs. That my friends, was a snowy winter!

Those measurements were taken on the West Shore. That's where Larrbo has his Lake House. Maybe he can chip in on if or not it was a heavy season out there.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I'm hoping for a winter like we had 2 seasons ago...LOTS of precipitation but warmer weather in the lower elevations..It was nice to have all the snowpack at the upper elevations yet not have to deal with much snow at my house...

There were 6' deep snow drifts still at 9,600' in September...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

You got me curious and I did some snooping around ,I don't realy remember that much snow last year but I found a bit of info to the fact there was lots of it mayby it was just a lot of high country snow.squaw valley had 59 feet of snow last year, i was doing a lot of fishing at oroville lake last year ,I do remember the lake level being very low in February but by march or april the lake was full.

Sure dont remember that much snow last year at lake Almanor.I do remember 92&93 snow levels. Startin to snow now,just a little. Gonna stuff my smoker full of trout and go look for a bear track, season is still on! BH1

It was 9 degrees here yesterday morning and wet bone seeking COLD! Snowing outside and cold here again today. Another record snow year?

I ain't too excited about this weather!! :)

Joey

Yes it was real cold this morning on the lake. From the storms a few weeks ago the lake rose aroung 4 feet...so my dock that was dry docked for winter was back in the water. I had to get the wheels on it and tow it out of the water back on dry land. Boy were my hands cold after doing that. Stay warm Sage.

eelgrass, No Woodstove, yet anyway. the previous owners took it and the flu pipe with when they left. I bought and installed a wall mount propane unit that does a good job of keeping it around 65 degrees inside and it would do better if i chose to burn more fuel. As is, it's costs about $5-600. in propane to get thru a winter season and i'm debating installing a woodstove. It's messy and there's the costs, expenses, wear and tear, of going out and cutting 5-6 cords a year.

As you probably remember, i was a wood dog around here for many years. As a seasonal apprentice plumber, i needed the extra money so i slowly built up clientele, usually selling between 60 to near 100 cords a year. It's been a good while now since i've cut a stick. Also to consider besides the stove and flu, are the install costs as i'm done with getting up on steep metal roofs.

To me though, there is nothing like a well banked fire spreading warmth throughout the house. We'll see, i have awhile yet to make up my mind one way or the other.

As a side note, a good friend bought a new snow blower and gave me his old unit. It is a track drive Sears Craftsmen, not a bad unit. Today was the first time in my life that i ever ran or used a snow blower, was a learning experience! All these years, over 30, living in big snow country and all i've ever used was a shovel! :)

Joey

Looks like we might set a record for a 24 hr period! Just kidding or maybe not. At 2AM i finally dosed off only to wake at 6AM with howling winds outside. A look thru the window showed me a whiteout going on with the heavy snow coming sideways! Since then, the wind, still blowing, has let up a bit but not the snow, it's still coming down big time.

My buddy over in Chester called, he says he got major dumped on, between 18" and 2 feet of snow in the last few hours. I don't have that total here but i think so because the wind had/has blown it elsewhere as it hits the ground. I do have a good 8-10" standing though and looking at the puter, seems to be plenty more headed our way. Brrrr!

Joey

All settled down, we got over 3 feet of standing snow here today. The blower broke down in the first fifteen minutes, the snow plows that plow the streets just hit the very middle of the streets here in town, and it's still coming down with the worst of it still supposed to come.

No fun!!

Joey

Joey, I'm in the trees in janesville and have nothing. Got about 2" in an hour while I was splitting wood. I looked outside about an hour later and there was even less on my deck. went outside and it was raining. Still is. But this thing is supposed to stall over us all weekend and NOOA says Janesville will get between 15 and 20 inches before this is done.

Stay warm!!!!!!

OBTW, in 92-93, all of the snow came in 13 days, straight!!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-22-12 AT 10:43AM (MST)[p]Caslayer, yeah i notice on the Nexrad how all that moisture was headed our/your way but it all dumped or mostly all dumped here in this area before it got to you. Count your blessings, it is a mess here in town. For some reason, the plows aren't running so even 4x4's are getting stuck on the streets.

We got at least 4 feet in 24 hours. Last night, I cleaned off my rig, locked the hubs, and forced it thru stuff way higher than the bumper, store run to top off and stock up a bit. This am, there as another 20"+ of snow on the hood. Snow is now about up to my windows on all sides, and i'm out there sore as all get out with a freaking shovel and it's still coming! :)

That 92 winter, i was down below visiting family and didn't get back until after the New Year. There was 7-8 feet standing in front of my house that thankfully wasn't back far in from the street. I dug a path to my front door and then put 4x8 sheets of plywood up over the path i had made. once it snowed again, it looked like i had a cave or tunnel in the snow going into my house.

I can now say for fact, those 10 ply Nitto Trail Grapplers i bought last winter, they work awesome in the snow. Hard to believe the stuff they have pulled me through! I put a set of Cooper all weather/season tires on my camper truck about the same time, big mistake there, they sit and spin hardly get any traction with them at all but seem to stick pretty good once you get going.

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Dec-22-12 AT 08:18PM (MST)[p]Only got about 6-7" here all day. My road was plowed to dirt an hour ago but it's still snowing, 3-7" tonight is the forecast.

Made an offer on a "new" truck today myself. Son's friend bought his Dad's 2003, 7.3 diesel, F-350, crew cab, 4X4 for $10,000. He just got back from Afganistan. Before he left he let his sister have his car so his Dad offered him the truck for this price. I have a 2000, 7.3 with 350,00 miles. This truck has 115,000 miles,has a leveling kit, and set up for a 5th wheel. The only things i would do is a AFE intake, 4" exhaoust and an Edge programmer with dash mounted gauges. I paid $2,500.00 to have this done to mine last year and it'll run with any of the new ones and get 20 mpg hiway. 14 MPH towing 3 horses and all the gear I need @ 70 mph. I offered $16,500 and told him to get on-line and see what he could buy for $16,500; a tricked out jeep, or a lifted, 5 year old F-150.

A long search on-line, both this year and last and I only found a handful of Ford F-350 crew cabs with less than 150,000. Prices were all over the board from 10,000.00 to 20,000.00. And they were all over the country, mostly in Utah.

I hope he takes the offer. He told me his aunt said the truck would fetch $18,000.00 in Idaho. I'd be willing to go that high but he is making $6,500.00 on a truck he bought less than a month ago.

Damn I rambled. Joey, stay warm my friend!!

Ca Slayer, lol, Rambling is allowed, it's exactly what i've been doing. Hope you get to share more in this wet stuff falling from the sky and that you get a deal on that truck!

We got 5-6 inches over night. That's the good news! The bad news is that Nexrad is showing a huge solid mass of moisture headed right this way.

In talking to the Water District guy down at the Jewelery shop(hardware store)yesterday, he said that we have gotten well over 6 feet in the past couple days and the worst of it has yet to hit.

Oh goodie! ;-)

Joey

We got another dumping on again after yesterday's post. I'd say that we must have had 10 feet of snow fall all together these past few days. My yard between the house and barn is a mess with one parking space under about 4-5 feet of snow.

The used Blower i picked up works on and off but now the augers won't turn so it's something else and i haven't figured out why yet.

Every time the County plow goes by, he pushes another 6 foot high and 6 foot wide berm closer to the yard and i've been hand digging these out but it's getting old as that nice light snow is now heavy ice.

The Power just came back on bit ago. It was out 14 hours and past history says that it will be out again here shortly. I best get to cooking stuff just in case it does.

This has all the Markings of a very heavy and nasty snow year! Merry Christmas All!!

Joey

joey i dont want to hear you next year talking about how there was no snow this year so dont forget this post.

6X7 said, "joey i dont want to hear you next year talking about how there was no snow this year so dont forget this post."

Strange statement you made to me there! I'm not likely to ever forget the pre Christmas weather that i and those nearby are being exposed to, especially with this being the first full winter in my new home.

In any event, i hope this thread and my posts on this unusual event are not bothering you. If so, feel free to not read them. If anything like what has happened here, took place back East where the news and weather centers lay, they would be calling it a major disaster and calling out the National Guard! Here it's just business as usual, but most admit it was getting to be a bit much. lol

Little or no snow today. In fact, the sun came out and it was nice out. Couple more days of bad weather then a nice week long break is in the forecast.

Joey

Some of my friends are up your way cutting trees off the power lines to get power going, here a pic of the lake they sent.
3353image.jpg

Nice Pic! That is taken from really close to the Dam at Lake Almanor, looking North. Westwood, where i moved to from Chester, is just over and down on the other side of those peaks in the distance.

Also, the big fire this summer, the fire burned right up to the edge of the road right behind where this photo was taken. That was about as close to the lake as it got but many, like myself, thought maybe it would continue on and cross further East to burn those mountains shown and on over.

...and if you didn't know, I well knew a guy that used to fish a lot from shore and one of his favorite spots on the lake for big brown trout was casting out toward that out-take Tower with floated night crawlers. He's passed on a few years ago so i'm not really giving up his spot... to where he would notice anyway.

I noticed today that the Berm around my corner lot, is up almost to the top of the corner "Stop" sign. :)

Joey

Lot of guys are missing the holidays with there family's this year because of the snow I am not sure how many tree crews are up there working but these guys are from grassvalley working up there.
I talked to a pg&e Forman today and they are sending a lot of crews up that way tomorrow to get stuff back online all so.

I appreciate all of their hard work to get the power on. We are going up to our place on Friday and the power has been out for 50 hours. It's really hard on the people that live there year round. Merry Christmas.

This is the link to his face book page ,the guy who's working up there for the tree company for pg&e I think without a account you can message him a thanks.
http://m.facebook.com/home.php?ref=m_notif&notif_t=story_reshare&__user=1355906034#!/david.wilkins.73997?__user=1355906034

6X7, is your friend Volunteering his time or is this his job and he is getting well paid for his efforts?

I have known hundreds of guys and gals up here who willingly volunteer their time and efforts whenever needed and done so for many years running without any type of compensation other than the good feeling inside one gets plus the occasional appreciative "thanks" once in awhile from a Community Member.

On the other hand, there are also many who take the job of providing a service at a cost. While both may be away from their families during holidays, evenings, or days at a time, to me, there is a major difference when one is only getting a handshake while the other is making double overtime in compensation.

I was a volunteer fireman up here for many years. Also did lots of other free stuff for the community whenever it was felt needed or called upon and could do so. What goes around, comes around, they say. My Thanks to ALL those who help a community or area in need during trying times but my heartfelt thanks really goes out to those who choose to do what they can for the good in it, for free.

Joey

He is getting well paid I am sure ,he is a union worker and feel free to not tell him thanks just because he is getting paid and is away from his sons first Christmas if you like that's your choice.

6X7, Did you have a agenda even posting on this thread? You have made some weird comments here already and sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder by saying, "feel free to not tell him thanks just because he is getting paid and is away from his sons first Christmas if you like that's your choice."

Read this that i posted again, "My Thanks to "ALL" those who help a community or area in need during trying times..."

Now if you want special recognition for you buddy who is up here making double overtime then you also need to send your thanks to all the Cal Trans guys, the County Road guys, The firemen and police, the hospitals and employees that are there if needed, all them and many more away from their families. How about the guys away from home serving in the military? do they deserve a note too, or not? Your buddy will get by and go to the bank just fine without a special note from me.

Now, i belong to a group of guys that presented 200 hams and plenty of fixings for needy families just right here in this area during the past couple days. It was our own money, which i have very little of, and our own time involved to make these 200 families a little better off during Christmas time. We ask for nothing, NOTHING, in the way of thanks but you want us/me to especially thank your friend when he's up here making Bank...and then trying to make me look bad in the process.

You got some nerve, i'll give you that!!

Joey

well....lol....but a non union contractor with an incentive clause coulda had the power on in hours.....

Genghis Khan raped so many women that 1 in 200 people today carry his genes..

Joey, your snow is unreal. A friend drove to Red Bluff yesterday and told me he drove in a tunnel of snow through Westwood and Chester.

As far as the politic statements: I have probably worked 20 of the last 30 Christmas' But I used to get compensated very well for it. And I worked over 1,100 hours overtime this year, probably closer to 1,200. Folks would look at my bottom line and say I was bilking the taxpayers. But most of them would say no to not seeing the family for 19 straight days, working grave yard shifts followed by day shift, not having a day off for 3 weeks. They envy the money but wouldn't do the sacrafice. I'm with you on "No honorable mention" for the power guy working Christmas. He should have known what he signed up for. In my case, if I didn't know, I found out my first Thanksgiving when they oredered me in on my day off. I could have got out but you just get used to it. Actually the family suffers more than you. But we all get used to celebrating holiday a few days early, or late, missing plays, games graduations. We are well compensated for this and thats all we should expect, not praise, jealousy, etc.

Done!

CD, There is no Union work up here and this, believe it or not, is where i want to live my time so i roll with what comes. I do Ok. My house, two trucks, camper, and all my stuff is paid for in full.

It's the Winters that get way slow, always have been even before i went into business for myself. I think it's the expenses of trying to be legitimate in business, insurances, licenses, taxes, and the lot, here in Cali that makes it tough to make enough in a seasonal climate to breeze thru the long winters.

No one that has known me for a time, would ever say that i haven't earned the little i have!

Joey

Yesterday was kind of a off day, only had to shovel about a foot of fresh snow and the County plow left me only a paltry new 5 foot high Berm blocking my exit. The Sun came out though it is still a bit nippy getting down in the teens at night with daytime highs in the low thirty's.

Today also is blue skies. Company is on the way to stay and enjoy this winter wonderland type atmosphere(read: more shovelers) with me until Sunday. I'm a happy feller!!

Joey

We Joey....it's my turn to shovel snow. We are heading up this afternoon and need dig out the propane tank, porch and anything else with too much snow. I had a guy clear the driveway with a tractor because it would of taken me a few days to do with my snowblower. At least it looks like we are going to get a break for the next week. Happy Digging.

LOL, -0- degrees this AM.

Bro-in-law thinks shoveling snow is fun. Have at it, be my guest!

Larrbo, be safe Buddy!!

Joey

Westwood winter of 52-53. Fir Street, my wife and her brothers on the snowbank and her dad shoveling snow.
697912-26-2012_06;14;18pm.jpg

322412-26-2012_06;04;56pm.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-29-12 AT 07:26PM (MST)[p]Hey Murphy, thanks for trying, i'd like to see those. If you send them to me via e-mail, i can probably get them posted up.
[email protected]

Here are some Pic's that visiting family took past couple days
Front corner of my little home and Berm. Notice "stop" sign.
2214dsc00211.jpg

This is my barn/shop. No place for the snow to slide/fall off the roof!
5957dsc00206.jpg

Down the Street view running along side of my home.
657dsc00208.jpg

Nice weather is forecast ahead of us! We'll take it! :)

Joey

Wow Sage you really got buried. This is what we saw when we got up there Friday. Spend several hours Saturday shoveling and blowing snow.

4015cabin_dec._2012.jpg

Larrbo, good thing we didn't need to get the Boat out the garage!! LOL

Looks like you guys got it pretty good but i'd guess that we have close to another settled foot of snow on the flat.

For those that don't know, Lake Almanor and Larry's nice dock is just on the other side of this view of his Lake House. Spectacular view, great trout fishing right out in front of his place, and is very, Very Nice!!!

Joey

Thanks for the Christmas Card photos. LOL

You guys stuck with that snow all winter now, or will it melt? You probably don't get a lot of warm rain.:)

Eel

Eel, hard to say for sure but i believe that at least most of the snow on the north side of my place is going to be there until the end of March or early April. We cold get some relatively warm rains or many days of sunshine but this morning it was 8 degrees below -0- and a daytime high of 26 degrees at 2:30 PM, not much is melting.

I dug a bit at the Berms yesterday, trying to make the entrance to my parking space a bit wider. The snow there is now a solid big block of ice. Chipped away at it was more like it, get after it when it's fresh snow or just about forget it as it get awful hard to deal with!

Joey

The local radio station said it was 1 degree in Susanville this AM and 18 in Chester.

Not sure I believe them. Monday AM the therometer @ work said it was 0 but one of my guys said his truck hit -5 on the way in. And a Cal-Fire guys said it was -17 coming across Bogard Flats this AM.

Anyway you look at it, it's COLD!!!!!

Gonna try to hit some south facing slopes in Nevada this weekend for chukar. Not sure I should be taking advantage of them in this cold since it's a down year BUT; 1) They take advantage of me when they get the chance, 2) I've gained 15 lbs this winter.

Slayer, Good luck on them Chukers! Don't be getting stuck out there bud. Play it on the safe side!!

I have -2 degrees at my place here right now. Yes, it's been and continues to be very cold!! Brrrr! Chester has been cold too. Not as cold as here but almost.

Kinda surprising to me, the snow is settling even more. On the flat, it's dropped down about a foot.

Nick, i'm game but just thankful to get a invite once in awhile. I think that i can cook pretty decent but Larrbo makes me feel like i been at cooking at Burger King when i eat there. lol

Hardway, i guess they could have it worse than us but seems we been about 25-30 degrees below normal here and a lot more snow than usual. Sunny Calif, orange trees and bikinis everywhere you look! LOL Not!!

Stay warm guys!

Joey

"82 degrees yesterday.....I worked up a sweat."

What, playing golf in Hawaii for three weeks? Gimme a break!! :)

Larry, it's all the way up to 20 degrees here near 11:AM, got about 10" of new stuff yesterday. You guys have fun!!

Joey

Any moisture in the new stuff Joey? I was out in the desert out of Susanville last weekend chasing some yotes and while there was about 5 inches of white stuff it was like walking in sand it was so dry. Still though, glad to see any moisture out there to help with where the fire went though.

Downhill, good to hear from you!

Yeah, this last little bit we got is a lot heavier stuff and all this moisture will be good for the country, especially the big fire that was down south of us anyway. Not sure how much made it over East of us to the desert country but lets hope they get plenty more than normal moisture this season, darn shame what happened to X-5b.

Joey

Thanks, Joey. It is a shame what happened to much of it. I did see where they had some equipment moved in and it looked like they were going to be doing some ground work and probably some re-seeding in some of the worst hit areas. With the moisture it will give it a good start hopefully?

clear skies and 14 below -0- as of midnight.

Global Warming? I Don't think so!!

Seems more and more that this is going to be a winter to remember!!

Joey

Damn Joey,..a little frost on the pumpkin,..when it finally thaws out up there, might be some work with the broken pipes..seems like there is always somebody who forgets,..stay warm.
Mike

Pretty damn cold, and I'm getting tired of it. Still hve snow on the south east side of my roof, from before X-mas. I'd like to see some thawing. Or even rain. Long range forecast calls for 10-20% chance of rain NEXT weekend but with forecasted high of 27 I'm not sure how that's going to work.

Snow is finally melting here, it was sticking around for a long time here as well... Last few days were around 60 degrees...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:

Yeah, we been getting a bit of a melt off here too but it ain't all going away. I was down off the Mountain to attend a close relative's Funeral and was gone 4-5 days. On getting back last night, I noticed right off that our snow on the flat has dropped down 6-8" or so.

Let that Sun Shine! lol Looks like some Weather is coming in during the weekend if not sooner. It was close to 70 degrees down in Livermore country, how nice was that? Real Nice!!!

Oh, and i got to go to a hum dinger of a Crab Feed while down there. There was a big event for the Boys and Girls Club at the Portuguese Hall in Mantica. That alone would have been worth the trip!

Joey

>Oh, and i got to go
>to a hum dinger of
>a Crab Feed while down
>there. There was a big
>event for the Boys and
>Girls Club at the Portuguese
>Hall in Mantica. That alone
>would have been worth the
>trip!
>
>Joey

I'm guessing that involved a trip to Basspro :)

Hardway, kinda wish it did but this was a very low budget trip and the crab feed ticket alone was $40. I no doubt got my money's worth, hell, last year i played 3 full days at a lot of outa pocket cash in Reno during New Years and never did find a place that had Dungeness Crab. Still though, next time!

A "this happened to me" story: So, at the Crab Feed, i had bought some Raffle tickets and there was a friend of my Sisters sitting on the other side of her. Nice looking gal, she reached over around my Sis and pulled on my shirtsleeve, "i really like the Jewelery Box so if you win it, will you please give it to me?"
"Sure thing, no problem, it's as good as yours", i told her jokingly.

I was talking with another group at our table while they were calling out numbers. My Sister knew what basic numbers i had and she called out for me to check my number. "808762" the speaker said, "hey, i got that, i WON!! Yep-pee!"
As the prize was brought to me, you gotta know, it was that Jewelery box! I told the gal bringing the box over to give it to her, me pointing to the expectant pretty gal down the table. Seems i made a new friend and a very happy young lady... and so it goes.

Joey

"Should have at least gotten a kiss on the cheek for that..."

No Doubt, i may have :)

When i think back at the odds of all that coming together...

The hall was huge and packed, a sold out affair.
How often does someone that you don't even know ask you ahead of time, if you win that prize, will you give it to me.
Everybody at our table had raffle tickets, probably most in the hall did.
Nobody else anywhere close to near us won a prize, mine was the only one.
Of all the prizes raffled, i win that particular one she had asked for.

The odds of something like that happening again gotta be like one in a million! Did i say she was nice looking? ;-)

Rain, it's melting!!

Joey

It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Yeah GeorgeE, It's melting pretty fast. We only have about 18" left on the flat.

It was 55 degrees here today, standing water all over the place. Our nights have been getting down in the high teens to like tonight, 20 degrees. That's way warmer than several weeks ago. Looks like a bit of a storm coming in Thurs and Fri but it don't look to be much at the moment.

Man did i ever biff it today. I was heading into my Insurance Agents to pay this coming years Homeowners policy and i failed to notice the black skim ice patch on the blacktop caused by the shade from the overhang of the building.

I'm walking along one moment and i'm laid out face down the next. Seemed there was no time in between, don't know that i've ever biffed it so bad and so fast. I'm fine, no damage done except a broken watch band, i did manage to help break the fall by getting my hands under me, which kind of surprised me as i hit pretty darn hard. The man upstairs has his eye on me, he knows that i can't be laid up, i got to be able to work when it comes my way!

Joey

The winter has fizzled........so far. Predicting snow this coming Tuesday, We'll see.

Some timely April and May rains will help the vegetation.

Still have snow (ice) here although it's warm during the day. Feeding horses, splitting wood, even just getting from the vehicle to the house is an adventure daily.

Snow is all melted again here..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:

"The winter has fizzled"

Thank the Lord, +1, :)

Yes, my residual ice and snow accumulation from the beginning snows has pretty much melted off except where it was banked, piled, or bermed. The undisturbed stuff might be a foot + or - in the mostly shaded areas and completely gone where the Sun shines most of the day.

We are getting snowed on today, not much so far. IMO, this winter has been much colder than those in the last 20 years or so. Nights in the low teens are the new normal and many are way below that!

That trick of putting a plastic bag over your "dish" to keep from having to always go out and get the snow off it to keep reception, it works!! I've had a bag on mine all season and have only had to go outside to clear it a few times verses dozens of times in other years. It's not perfect solution but it does help!

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom