"RED" flag laws ....

I read an article yesterday from FOX NEWS that contained this paragraph.
ERPO laws, which are modeled off domestic violence protection orders, create a civil process allowing law enforcement, family members (in most states), and medical professionals or other groups (in some states) to petition a court to temporarily prohibit someone at risk of harming themselves or others from purchasing and possessing firearms for the duration of the order," DOJ noted.
Like domestic violence protection orders have never been abused.

My brother got a divorce a few years back (his wife decision on account she was having an affair)
She did everything to destroy my brother including a protection order and shared no bases for the order but a judge implemented in the name of safety, and that would of happened with a Red Flag law too.
The Red Flag law will become one of the biggest abused laws on the books.

I read an article yesterday from FOX NEWS that contained this paragraph.
ERPO laws, which are modeled off domestic violence protection orders, create a civil process allowing law enforcement, family members (in most states), and medical professionals or other groups (in some states) to petition a court to temporarily prohibit someone at risk of harming themselves or others from purchasing and possessing firearms for the duration of the order," DOJ noted.
Like domestic violence protection orders have never been abused.

My brother got a divorce a few years back (his wife decision on account she was having an affair)
She did everything to destroy my brother including a protection order and shared no bases for the order but a judge implemented in the name of safety, and that would of happened with a Red Flag law too.
The Red Flag law will become one of the biggest abused laws on the books.

All valid concerns--mine as well. Abuse will absolutely happen.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom