Redfield or Leupold

F

FreakyMass

Im looking at buying one.I know there are better ones,but my choice is between these two.whats your take?? what one would you buy and why.thanks

Without a doubt get the Leupold!

faebfccc.jpg

i thought that too,but redfield makes a very high quality scope.i like the widefield one.im still not sure.

My dad had a Redfield on his 30-06',darn thing was only about a year old and the insides just came apart.That would make me sick if it happend during a hunt.

faebfccc.jpg

Without a doubt - Leupold. I've owned several Leupolds and never had a problem with one of them. I have owned two top-of-the-line Redfields and both were junk.

My dad has a widefield on a 6mm that I really like and have even taken a deer with the setup. But I will admit that gun does not get used very often for hunting. You will rarely find someone that has something bad to say about a Leupold VX-III. If you don't have the change for a Leupold VX-III, you should realy check into the Burris Scopes, they have excellent optics for the money.

Buck

Leupold. VX-III its what i have on and every year i go to sight it in its always dead on!!!! good luck.

Yes the vx-III is good. I am thinkin about the LR though for my 7 mag. Not sure yet but the vx-III is what I have on it now.
for my dad's christmas present im getting him a zeiss Spotting scope with a 4 ft tripod extender.
I had thought about gettin him the vx-III since he likes mine so much but then my mom informed he she had gotten him one already so =\

-Cass

I have Leupolds on all my rifles, some over 20 years old, and have never, ever had a problem. They're great scopes.

the scope I was looking at was the VX-II 3x9x40 after looking over the scope I compared it to the Redfield and the 3x9x40 Nikon.I was shocked at how clear the Nikon was.hands down it was brighter and clearer then both.as a result I went with the Nikon.oh yea,and the price was 169 for the nikon and 269 for the leupold.I know the VX-III is better then all of them,but I just cant afford it right now.I still cant believ how clear this Nikon is!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom