Regarding "7E lost archery bull"

elkchaserreturns

This event is still troubling me!
I have looked extensively at the AZ Revised Statutes, and the published hunting regs. Where does it say that anyone has to involve the AZG&F if they find a "lost bull" that some hunter was unable to recover? Especially if they can determine who that bull rightfully belongs to.

I have found several carcasses over the years that I presumed were killed by a hunter but were never found.
I left them undisturbed. (It wasn't because I was afraid of breaking some law!) If there had been any way possible to know who had lost these animals, I would have made every effort to let that person know about it and, until recently, I would have seen no reason whatsoever to involve the G&F.

Even now I can find no regulation that requires me to inform G&F if I stumble onto a stinking carcass with a respectable set of antlers.
I never claimed to be the sharpest tack in the box but I do try to stay current on the regs and obey them.

Everybody keeps saying "The law is the law".
What law?
As far as I can tell, the G&F had no right to keep Steves bull. He had proven that it was, in fact, his and that he had taken the bull legally.

If you lose something while hunting on public land (lets say a hunting rifle, or a camera), and I find it, and advertise it in the local "lost & found". You call me up up and prove its yours,
ITS YOURS! Would the local sheriffs dept then have the right to confiscate YOUR PROPERTY and auction it off?

What am I missing here?

Elkchaser

Well thats exactly why ill keep what i find.It seems if you follow the rules it will never work out for you.

I would also like to see where it specifically states that midnight of the last day is the end of tagging/retrieving.

Kent

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom