Region A

R

Rem308

LAST EDITED ON Jul-05-09 AT 05:38AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-05-09 AT 05:37?AM (MST)

Are there any good bucks on public land in region A or B ? Muledeer or whitetail either will work.
Looking at the left over license list.

I'm not a believer of many "good" bucks on public land in that area. But it depends upon what you call good. Maybe a better definition would help.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-06-09 AT 01:10PM (MST)[p]Any Muledeer 4X4 / 20 inch spred or over is all I am interested in.I know they are hard to find on public land.

Rem I have hunted antelope on the grasslands and in region a. I would say your best bet would be to try and get a landowner that has a cheaper tresspass fee in region B. Best chance at a 20" 4x4 in that region.

Andy

I would say this is a pretty big buck. Taken in region A on public land.
Michelle1ready.jpg

Region A has the WY Black Hills. There is ample public land. I hunted the public a few years ago. We saw a couple decent whitetails but small mulies. Saw lots of good buck sitting on private land though. Don't think I'll go back though...

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

Chester,

That buck is a definite keeper. But from my experience if he's looking for a 20"+ mule deer, he'd be better off going to another region. I like hunting the Black Hills, but have never thought of them as a good place to kill a solid mule deer. I do have one decent buck from there, but he was taken on private property.

I was in no way involved with the killing of that whitetail. I got the picture from another website and only put it on here to show an example of the potential region A public land has. As far as mulies I agree it is sub-par but there are huge whitetails to be had for a guy who will put a few years in learning the area and get into the out of the way places. As a plus it can be drawn as a 2nd choice every year giving you the chance to build preference points for a limited quota area.

I shot this buck the first day I ever hunted in Region A...second year I was a Wyoming resident. Far from a trophy buck, but decent for public land.

Img19.jpg

I think a standard 20" 4x4 buck mule deer could be had with a little effort. In particular if you know how to read a map.

4a5e8c57532140a2.jpg

Rem, I took this buck in region A last year. It was on private but the trespass fee was only $300. It was a blast and although not a huge buck, it met my expectations for my first whitetail hunt. PM me if you need any help.
Ryan

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom