Region C (Mule Deer) & 23 (Antelope)

TommyNY4

How's it looking in Region C for Mule Deer and 23 for Antelope this year? I'm headed there this year to hunt 10/1 ? 10/4.

Thanks.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-25-14 AT 01:01PM (MST)[p]I don't know whether you're asking about animal condition and numbers or where to hunt, but the antelope are there in decent numbers and deer are way down just like about everywhere else out west. Region C for deer/antelope and unit 23 for antelope that you drew are very hard to find good public land to hunt on because of the lack of legal access and the fact that the vast majority of land, especially in unit 23, is private property. Did you not read on the G&F website that you should have some private property set up BEFORE you applied for a tag in those areas that have asterisks like they do? The best advice I can give you is hunt the WIHA and public land up in the northwest corner of unit 23. That land is all legally accessible if you have good maps. Therefore, get good maps for land ownership, as well as county maps showing the legal public roads you can drive on. You'll also definitely want to have a GPS with a land ownership chip so you'll know exactly where you are when you're actually on the ground out there. Trespassing is treated as a serious violation out there and believe me when I say that the G&F staff and Sheriff deputies will issue some high priced tickets if you are found on private land without the proper land owner's permission. Good luck and get to work setting up where you'll go so you'll have a good trip.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-25-14 AT 02:14PM (MST)[p]I meant the animals. Sorry, I should have clarified a few things as you suggested. I will be hunting on private land (over 70,000 acres).

70,000 acres? That's a lot of ground. I'd say you'd have lots of area to move to if you don't find animals in the first, second or third places you try. :) You're a lucky guy to have that much ground to hunt. Good luck on your hunt.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

>I meant the animals. Sorry, I
>should have clarified a few
>things as you suggested. I
>will be hunting on private
>land (over 70,000 acres).

Well golly gee, LOL! If that's the case, you should have it made with that much private acreage in 23 to hunt. You couldn't cover that much territory in a lifetime of hunts and should definitely see some good animals worth taking a crack at, especially this year where horn growth should be very good on both species.

I hunted on a ranch in Region C for years until the ranch owner died and always had good success,but after the ranch was sold the new owner has the ranch leased to an outfitter.Got some good memories from those years though.
You should do good with that much area to hunt.

Looks like a ton of leftover tags for Antelope (23). Does that mean I can get a 2nd or 3rd buck tag? How many (if any) can I get?

>Looks like a ton of leftover
>tags for Antelope (23). Does
>that mean I can get
>a 2nd or 3rd buck
>tag? How many (if any)
>can I get?

Two buck tags and four doe tags according to the present Regs.

Thanks for that info. As opposed to buying a 2nd tag in advance, could I just pick one up while I'm in Wyoming after I punch the first tag?

>Thanks for that info. As opposed
>to buying a 2nd tag
>in advance, could I just
>pick one up while I'm
>in Wyoming after I punch
>the first tag?

Yep, as long as they aren't sold out you can buy them all the way up until the season for that unit ends.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom