Region F

LAST EDITED ON Apr-16-19 AT 08:06PM (MST)[p]It's a very tough unit. Tons of private property. The trail heads that I have hunted are often a long way from the mountain or canyon. Deer numbers are not high, especially without any early weather up high. Tons of deer down low on the agriculture and other private holdings. Oh and there is plenty of this.............
6126fbimg1555465856030.jpg

>Is region F a good unit
>for decent mule deer? Also
>how many points does it
>take for a Non resident
>to draw?

I drew it last year with 1 point and shot a very average 4x3. In 2017 my brothers and dad hunted it and shot a couple deer. Migtation hunt in beautiful country. Deer numbers are down but there are deer there. Lots of grizz. I saw grizz tracks every day but never saw one. If you want more info PM me.

Look at the many posts in the Wyoming Forum on this subject. I would absolutely not put in for this tag as a NR until the new season dates come out on this hunt. There are huge changes up for consideration by G&F Commission. Be smart.

just sayin...mh

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-16-19
>AT 08:06?PM (MST)

>
>It's a very tough unit. Tons
>of private property. The trail
>heads that I have hunted
>are often a long way
>from the mountain or canyon.
>Deer numbers are not high,
>especially without any early weather
>up high. Tons of deer
>down low on the agriculture
>and other private holdings. Oh
>and there is plenty of
>this.............
>
6126fbimg1555465856030.jpg

All the deer that end up on private land migrate through public land to get there.

Huge changes were approved by the G&F that dramatically alter the season close dates in Region F. In almost every unit, they trimmed the best 7 days off of the mule deer hunt. The mule deer in Region F are for the most part MIGRATORY. There are a few resident ranch bucks or desert bucks but not many. As a hunter, you can't hunt deer that haven't arrived in the various areas in Region F. Weather and shorter days get them moving. The season date changes would be similar to the G&F telling anyone hunting mule deer in Region G or H that the hunt did not start until October 15th. By that time, most of the mule deer have migrated out of those regions.

I would encourage anyone, still in this draw, or who contemplates applying for an F tag, to contact Tony Mong at the Cody Office and ask him how many mule deer bucks, percentage wise, in past years have been harvested during those last 7 days that were just eliminated. Trust me, with a check station in Cody they know exactly how many bucks were killed in previous seasons on the North and South Fork of the Shoshone after the new season end dates. The numbers will surprise you.

In my post in the Wyoming Forums, I stated that only a FOOL would stay in or apply for an F tag if they expected to see or harvest a mature buck in the 140+ range. In 110 and 111, the numerous outfitters that have typically hunted three 5 day hunts starting on the 25th of October, will now have just 8 days to squeeze those hunters in. It will be a zoo with the new changes.

just sayin...mh

>Is region F a good unit
>for decent mule deer? Also
>how many points does it
>take for a Non resident
>to draw?

I've been hunting Reg. F for last 5 yrs. but in a row I like it. Taken a buck every year and a couple decent ones. Couple antelope bucks in area 81 That alsois within Reg. F deer. Beautiful country. I've seen grizzlies but personaly haven't had any trouble, yet... LOL !
Just my opinion though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom