Region G or unit 102

BridgerLake

I realize the deer herds are down in Wyoming but I'd like to get your opinions between unit 102 and region G. I spent some time with a brother in G last year (on horses) and have a pretty good feel for what kind of bucks to expect. I have never hunted 102. I'm of the opinion that the herds aren't going to improve much if any in the next 3-5 years and don't want to keep building points. I'd rather take my shot at it sooner rather than later.

If you had max points and were looking for a 170 class buck would you put in for Region G or unit 102?

Region G is a lock...I may even be able to draw with a buddy who has less than max points. I'm looking for some info on 102 and how it compares to Region G. Suggestions on other units that hold 170+ bucks...public land.

102 is a easy access hunt and you should be able to find a 170 buck with some pre-season scouting but you probally wont be the only one hunting that buck. Region g and h took a very hard hit last winter, I'm seeing 60% loss of deer on winter range this year from last year and worse on mature bucks.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom