Reloading Benchs

Got a reloader for xmas and wanted to see some of your guys benchs, and some thing that you guys recommend for the bench. I am going to build it in my hunting room, I have about 8ft of space to work with. Anything will help, thank you

I went to Home Depot and got a couple of oak cabinet bases that were in the scratch and dent pile. Then got an overhead cabinet from the same place. Sanded, stained and applied some gloss minwax.

For the bench top, I used two 8'sections of MDF on top, with one shorter chunk on the bottom. I think the top is about 40" wide. All pieces of MDF were glued together, clamped and left alone to dry...I also used wood screws to hold them together. The distance of overlap the top pieces had over the bottom piece was exactly the width of the cabinet bases, which made for easy assembly. I then screwed some L brackets on the bottom side, connecting that bottom piece with each of the cabinet bases, which made it pretty solid. I'd send you some pics, but it is a mess. I couldn't find a couple sets of dies and tore it up looking for them.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

I did almost the same thing as feddoc did. Go to home depot or lowes and get yourself some of the generic white base cabinets. You may want to get both with doors & shelves and at least one with drawers.

Be sure to screw them down to the wall studs to make it solid. On the top I cut in half a 3/4 inch plywood sheet, 2 foot by 8 foot and glued them together for the top and screwed it to the base cabinets. Makes for a solid platform that you will need for the press.

You will want to add some upper cabinets, with doors, for above the bench to use as storage and keep your supplys. This can also be done later if cost is a factor.

The press should be bolted down with threaded bolts to prevent it from pulling loose from the top of the bench.

A two foot deep by 8 foot long reloading bench should be more then sufficent for a single press and other supplies needed. Heck it is big enough if you want to add a second press at a later time. You can paint it any color you want to match the room it is in.

My bench has a open spot in the center, cabinets on both sides due to part of the press hanging below the table and will interfer with opening drawers or cabinet doors. I use this open spot for storage of boxes of brass and my lead ingots for casting bullets.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Jan-11-11 AT 03:12PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-11-11 AT 03:10?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Jan-11-11 AT 03:09?PM (MST)

dont need to go fancy. this was a free metal desk. built up the top and sides a cheap oak flooring repair kit. trimmed it with some 1x's and put a finish coat on it. i just moved this into the house this weekend. tired of sitting in a cold ass garage. it works perfect for what i need and doesnt take up much space.

8065bench.jpg

The bench I use is and old office desk. Pretty much use the drawers to put brass, bullets, relaoding manuals, and hand tools in. On the desk top there are shelves and that is where the dies are. Have the powder and primers in a rubbermaid box that we have a small remington dehydrator in it. the press is mounted on the left side and trimmer is on the right side. the concentricity guage is in a box set on top of the rubbermaid box.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom