Rem 700 or Sako A7

ck

I'm looking at the Rem 700 SPS Stainless or the Sako A7 in 7 Rem Mag. Any pro's or con's? I like the looks of the A7 and don't really like the SPS stock, but I like the way 700's shoot. Your thoughts?

Sako's are damn nice rifles and can shoot every bit as good as a m700. If you are'nt planning on any future custom work then I say Sako...if you do then the model 700 is the way to go...its the small block chevy of centerfire rifles.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I like Remington myself. If i were to look elsewhere, first stop would be Browning. They make some fine firearms as well. Now days, most all of them are good. No sense buying something you don't like. No experience with the Sako product.

Joey

Another vote for Remington

If you can afford it, then by all means get the SAKO. Fantastic accuracy right out of the box!!!

"Good mass & long brows"

I own a 700 in a .300 Win. Mag. and I would NOT sell that gun for any price and I mean that. I can't say anything about the Sako I have never handled one but I will tell you this my 700 is one fine rifle. My 700 is the most accurate out of the box rifle I have ever seen.

That is my experience. I would reccomend you go to a gun store and handle both guns and see which one fits you and feels better to you, IMO that is very important.

Just my $.02 worth. Good luck and I hope you get the one you want.

Slide

They both are excellent guns and will give you good accuracy. There are more parts out there for Remingtons but the Sako's no slouch. It depends on what you like and how they feel to you both will give you a lifetime of service and are dependable. Sako's are rarer and are more coveted by some collectors but both will serve your needs.

Honestly Himtnhntr, I wouldn't take it and i can say that with a straight face. That gun really shoots for me and I love the gun. You know how it is when you get one that you are confident with.

Maybe a million five. JK......

Slide

I have friends that use the Sako actions for big case wildcats, and some of the factory large magnums. They claim with high-end brass (Lapua and Norma mostly) that they can use higher pressure loads than with a Remington. Myself, I like the remington action. mtmuley

I'm with Hardway, if you plan on just buying the gun and hunting with it as is, definitely go with the A7. If you're a gun nut and might end up wanting to reconfigure it with a different stock, bedding, trigger etc.,go with the 700.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom