Rem 700

cosmic_cowboy

Very Active Member
Just watched the 60 min. piece on the 700... Wife freaks out. I have one... youth model in 308 Anyone have any issues or comments on the firing without touching the trigger ? Got this rifle for my daughter and didn't like the trigger pull so I took it to a gun smith and he reduced the pull. I like it now and never had a problem with it. This was about 15 years ago. Have taken it hunting many times. Should I sell it ? Or is there a fix ? Thanks
CC

>Just watched the 60 min.
>piece on the 700... Wife
>freaks out. I have one...
>youth model in 308 Anyone
>have any issues or comments
>on the firing without touching
>the trigger ? Got this
>rifle for my daughter and
>didn't like the trigger pull
>so I took it to
>a gun smith and he
>reduced the pull. I like
>it now and never had
>a problem with it. This
>was about 15 years ago.
>Have taken it hunting many
>times. Should I sell it
>? Or is there a
>fix ? Thanks
>
>CC

Remington has a Free Recall on the models that need Fixin!

You Might say I Have a 700 or two!

Only had My 'Old Faithful' Fixed!

(((The 700 I've Packed since I was 14!)))

Never had an issue with any of mine!

When I first heard about it several years ago I figured Old Faithful if any of My Guns might need attention,it would be the one!

When I Called Remington I got in touch with a Gal!

First Words out of her Mouth was:

You ever put WD-40 on your Gun?

Damn Sure Have!

100's of times!

She Blew Her Stack & Told me not to use anything but REM-OIL!

Like I Said!

Never had an issue!

But know a few Guys that Have!

Back Me Off to 1,700 Yards,650 is a Little Close & I'm Not Comfortable with it!

A GUT SHOT at 1,700 Yards will Still Make Some Good BRAGGIN Rights so I Can Say I At Least Hit Him!

90087hankjr.jpg

well....60 minutes accomplished their goal....scaring the ignorant.

tell your wife to worry about the dishes and laundry and let you worry about the guns.....

323421626570513685990098870652286725493870346854n.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-17 AT 08:29PM (MST)[p]Oh, Homer........

My 700 has never had a problem. Any time there is one in the chamber, I expect it could fire at any time, so it's never pointed at anything that would matter if it did. That goes for all guns not just Rem. 700's. Problem solved.

97172deliverancebanjo.jpg

>well....60 minutes accomplished their goal....scaring the
>ignorant.
>
>tell your wife to worry about
>the dishes and laundry and
>let you worry about the
>guns.....
>
>

GEEZUS Homer!

I Just SPEWED My DEW!

A GUT SHOT at 1,700 Yards will Still Make Some Good BRAGGIN Rights so I Can Say I At Least Hit Him!

90087hankjr.jpg

Only had My 'Old Faithful' Fixed!...................................
"Dear Elk..." How do you write something such as that and (Old faithful Fixed) NEVER FOLLOW UP with "Who, What, Where, When and Why".... the basics of writing to someone else so they see the story.

(((The 700 I've Packed since I was 14!)))

Never had an issue with any of mine!.... Then why did you ask for it to be fixed...?

When I first heard about it several years ago I figured Old Faithful if any of My Guns might need attention,it would be the one!
---------------

Answer above if you wish. The Remington TV Saga is Horse Dong. Yet, the 700 does have issues.

Jagerdad :)

Well JAG!

It's kinda like this here:

I Got to Thinking about:

The Years!

The Miles!

The Storms!

The Times I Fell Down with the Gun!

The Times I Dropped the Gun!

The times the Gun was so Wet you couldn't have got it any wetter by submerging it in a bath Tub full of water!

The Hours/Days/Weeks/Months the Gun had rode around in a Dusty Gun Rack!

Horseback!

Or on a Dusty F'N ATV!

Knowing that This Gun Had More Wear & Tear on it than any other Gun I Own!

Also Knowing that out of the Thousands of Times I Have Cleaned the Gun,very Few of them Times were a complete Tear Down for a Meticulous Cleaning including the Trigger Mechanism!

In My eyes after studying a Trigger Mechanism I Can See How Dirt/Rust/Varnish could cause a problem!

Remington Blamed me for using WD-40 even though I've never had a problem!

90087hankjr.jpg

One More thing on the So Called Fix!

Before Remington did the Mod to My Gun!

I Had to kick the Safety Forward/Off before I could Open the Bolt!

After the Mod!

Now with the Safety on You can Open the Bolt!

Did they do anything to My Trigger?

I Don't know?

So I'm Thinking in their Eyes they're Thinking if People don't have to Move the Safety to Open the Bolt/Unload there will be less Malfunctions!

90087hankjr.jpg

Fantastic reply Brother Elk...

We advanced. We being the listeners/readers.

The issue is/was unsafe. WD40 is a Solvent. + Disperses Water.

Some men would scream about WD40 due to their desires to retain the Blueing. All Hog Wash to me.

Oil attracts things. I kinda know I have been wrong but I run all my guns quite Dry. If I had an issue, sure, grab the WD40 or seek out the problem.

You're a good man Elk.

Here's why I used WD-40!

They sell them real Small cans that'll fit in your Pocket/Pack!

I've Soaked the Old Gun Numerous Times in the Weather!

You gotta Remember!

Back in the Day!

Wood Stock!

And Black/Blue Metal that'll Rust Quick!

So My Gun Got Doused many a times with WD-40 to Prevent Rusting!

Yes I Agree/Know that it will also collect Dust & Dirt & Cause other problems!

90087hankjr.jpg

>....she's PAID to sell remoil.

Ed Zachary!
>
>

90087hankjr.jpg

I've used WD-40 on my shotgun all the time. Duck hunting in the rain and salt water. Rinse it off with fresh water in the bath tub and flood it with WD-40. WD-40 dissipates the water. No gun oil does that. No, my shotguns aren't lookers.

97172deliverancebanjo.jpg

ive had two rem 700 that would go off unexpectedly whether they were clean or dirty. one would fire when safety was moved forward, the other when the bolt was cycled, scary as hell. i fixed both rifle with timney triggers, but when your hunting with people and they heve 700's and pull up i get nervous as hell. i was raised with extreme gun safety and most aren't, so i see guns pointed carelessly a lot. when you have experienced a gun that will fire randomly, it makes you very nervous around people with that model of firearm.

7qkJDFf.jpg

This bolt failed me the first year I had it. 3 days or so prior to leaving for elk season, the extractor broke.

Got a Sako style extractor installed.

Next year about a week before I left for elk season, the handle came off.

Remington can kiss my buttttt.

ZfpKm5F.jpg

This $hit again? Really? If dumbasses haven't figured this out, they never will. I would take any 700 people are scared of. PM me. But, the prices need to reflect the deadly trigger. I've made this offer more than once here. No takers. C'mon feddoc. Got any bad Remmy's? mtmuley

Yup, but it doesn't have a bad trigger.

Shoots like this all day long with 180 grain Barnes.

OZqfZ6d.jpg

Come pick it up, but bring cash.

I have used a 700 Rem 7 MM Rem Mag for 25 years & it's on 2 nd barrel now. Never a problem of any kind with it. Incredibly reliable rifle & very accurate too. Chances of that trigger pull/fire control must be 1 in 500k. Something to consider however. Still one of the great rifles of all time ! I would stake my life on my 700--one shot, one kill. Always keep that muzzle pointed away from anyone !
Jerry Gold-- Ft Collins, Colorado

Old fashioned Open Sight WWII on an M1 Garand = Game.

Why do so many use Scopes and Magnums = ??? for old me.

I may lack motivation but I sure can never forget Camp Perry Level matches where everyone was getting X's @ 1000 Yards.

Why be so unsure...? Archery men and ladies get Game at far closer Ranges. Founder takes pictures of their Butt Holes. Where has the Hunter gone...?

I have Ultra Mags but still, never took one Hunting. Maybe by my Post here, a few will HUNT with M1 Carbines and M1 Garands. Never think bad about the M1 carbine...I have killed many Critters with that simple gun that most would NEVER Consider.

The M1 Garand is for serious Killing.

Maybe I see things in a respectful way...?

Never use WD-40 on the bolt or action. It gets extremely sticky when it dries and causes many problems.
Always use a bore guide when cleaning and flush your trigger assembly with lighter fluid to clean it.
I have seen some factory Rem700 triggers that were pretty far out of adjustment from the factory. A simple adjustment and they were good to go. With some stoning and a spring they are a great trigger.

Sorry doc, but I only want Remmy's with bad triggers. Then I get a rifle that shoots like yours on the cheap. Got some already, but room for more. mtmuley

>Sorry doc, but I only want
>Remmy's with bad triggers. Then
>I get a rifle that
>shoots like yours on the
>cheap. Got some already, but
>room for more. mtmuley

Hey man, save a few for your MM bro!

Zeke

#livelikezac

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom