Remember When

NeMont

Long Time Member
Many on this board were asking how come McCain and his people didn't do a better job of vetting Sarah Palin?

Who is vetting Obama's nominees? No critism of the process used when two of his nominees drop out in one day both for the same reason? Of course there is no bias in the media or anything like that.

How come high level, super intelligent democrats can't pay their taxes? Just wondering, why the double standard?

Unless....well never mind, that would politically incorrect to question a democrat president.

Nemont

I totally agree with you on this one. Question is when will the media do its job and begin to scrutinize the actions of our newly elected?
Driftersifter

Yet they were still smart enough to send the oh so honest republicans packing.

Go figure.

They said they were deeply sorry. What more do you expect from your politicians?

Dude it was a "vetting process" question.

By the way Nemont I thought McCain did a fine job of picking Palin as his running mate.

HD,

I am well aware that they beat the Republicans. If you were so wound up about how McCain could have picked Sarah Palin and the apparent lack of vetting of her, then how can you be nonchalant about the vetting Obama's team is doing of his nominee's? Let's see one circumstance is a defeated Republican candidate for VP the other is of people who will have actual power in Washington to influence policy and set priorities. Of these two which is more important right now?

Daschle was probably going to be confirmed until he figured out that he would actually have to answer real questions about how he didn't pay taxes. Do you believe that the guy who was going to oversee health care reform is an important post? Now Obama has to find somebody else and that somebody will obviously be who Obama considered second best.

All I am asking is why does Obama get a free pass when so many of his nominees don't seem to be able to hire competent accountants but guys like you railed against McCain and his Palin pick. Unless....well never mind.

Nemont

I just figured it out. Isn't there some definition of insane that goes something like: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a differnent result. Well, assuiming that to be the case, Nemont you are insane.

You see, you keep on coming up with perfect examples of media bias in favor of the left or the newly elected, point out the bias in a very coherent, logical and intelligent way, and expect HD will concede you have made a legitimate point. Yet HD consistently responds by completely evading the clear issue and point you have raised, and you agian try to get him to admit his error. You are insane, plain and simple.

O'Bummer has horrific judgement. If you look at all his criminal friends from his past that the media ignored during the campaign, makes sense that he would want to hire a bunch of tax cheats,

Well, Daischle's out! Lets see who is up next them...

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Nemont I know you are being facetious, however you will never get these libs on this board to give you a straight answer.

First off finding perfect people with no trace of a mistake capible of doing thse jobs isn't real easy, and if they don't cut it they don't make it. what more do you want? not every republican has made it either.

As for Palin that's totally different, she was second in line to be president and was pretty clean but a dunce. what she does have in common is she was rejected, our system works what's your problem.

If w would have selected a non tax paying republican then obviously he would have been an idiot. Seeing as how Oby did it it's really not that big of a deal. What's all the fuss?

No doubt Nemont, the Dems like creating new taxes but apparently don't indulge in the patriotic duty(Biden)of paying them.

What amazes me is the trememdous ego that goes along with accepting a proposed nomination knowing you have issues that disqualify you. Both Richardson and Daschel knew going in that either investigations or tax matters would dq them out.

It makes one wonder exactly what the vetting process really is.

I do think comparing Palin to Richardson or Daschel is apples and oranges. Palin was not being investigated for kickbacks, nor was she deliquent in paying her taxes...she was just stupid.

How does one vett Stupid?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-04-09 AT 09:27AM (MST)[p]I don't even truly care about whether anybody get's vetted or not vetted or anally probed for that matter. My point is that some on this board were in near hysterics over Palin and her lack of vetting but think Obama is perfect in his picks.

That leads me to believe that those so loud and worried about Palin but could care less about Daschle are just like the people the despise: nothing more the partisan hacks.

If I dare point out anything their defense is "well look at what W did". Does anyone truly want to compare themselves to the GWB administration? Two wrong make a right? Remember the bar is set so that nobody can blame a previous president for anything that happened on their watch. That was the rules set up by the democrats with their treatment of GWB.

Nemont

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom