Wanted Remington 700 Ultimate Muzzleloader ignition Primers

Hunterturbo

My boss is in desperate need of 5-10 Priming modules for his Ultimate Muzz. He knows how hard they are to find, and is willing to pay heavily for them. Or even trade for something that you might need. Has a hunt in a about 9 days if I remember right. PM me if you want, Asking to hopefully help him out. I'm the Salt Lake Valley.
Thanks for your consideration,
Hunterturbo

Know nothing about this gun but I am reading you can re-prime the spent cases, assuming he picked up and kept his brass in the past.

I believe that you can use 308 as well.
Hoping that we don't have to try and cut any down,

He has lost his cases, they have gone MIA. No where to be found.

Muley,
Is it possible to have you ship a few to me?
I will happily pay you handsomely or barter on a trade?
PM me and hopefully we can work something out.
Thank You,
Hunterturbo

Rumor is that Remington started with a 45 Win Mag case cut back about 1/10". The internal profile is important to lock up and sealing. 308 brass internal profile and web cam vary a lot, especially if you toss in 7.62. if making your own cases because you can't find the OEM stuff, it may take some experimenting, but starting with a 45 Win Mag, you might get lucky at finding the combo quicker. Hopefully Vista resumes production of all the Remington ammo line soon, but it won't help your boss in a week

Elk,
I am unsure on if they are primed, but its very easy to re-prime some that have already been shot. Just stick it in the muzz and essentially dry fire the primer. Now its just brass that you are shipping, hopefully this makes it easy. Short answer, I don't know either.

I have also heard the same with 45 win mag, unfortunately I don't have them. I do have a bunch of 308.

Thanks,
Jason

Primed brass can be shipped UPS or FedEx with the same rules, packaging and labels as ammo and is not hazmat, but it's against USPS rules.

You should make efforts to find somebody in your area with a reloading setup. once you obtain some cases, someone should be glad to help you reprime a few. It will only take a few minutes time.

I've Asked This Question Many a Times & No Answers:

Can You Legally Ship the UML Ignition Casings that are Live & Primed?
I see primed cases for sale to be shipped all the time. Just do not use USPS or air mode as mentioned… ups/fedex ground with the black/white diamond affixed, labeled as “cartridges, small arms”

as always, trust this interweb info at your own risk of course!

If I knew it was legal to ship, I would be will to send you what's needed. Not sure it would help going ground if his hunt is only a few days away.

Im not looking for anything, just wanted to help you out. I would love to ship them but I won't be back in town for a few days. Who knows what the wife would find in my safe to ship. Ha. I will check back in a few days to see if you found any.

Muley,
I have found a guy to pick them up from you if you are around.
send me a pm and I can figure out when I can get him there.
Thanks,
Jason

Thanks to everyone that has helped out.
MUCH APPRECIATED!
Its great to have a place that you can lean on someone if you are in a pinch.
I should be taken care of.
Some very generous stand up guys out there.
I know that I am going to pay it forward
Hunterturbo

If they are shipped with an unspent primer in them they are hazardous materials. As one string stated, the black and white diamond the marking (legally it is not a label) that indicates it is a limited quantity BY GROUND transportation when shipped in the numbers listed in these strings. There are some additional restrictions if it goes by air (I wouldn't recommend it unless you know what you are doing). Placing the black and white marking on the package does not end the regulatory oversight. The shipper must be trained on the regulations as well. If it were me, I would do as one gentleman suggested and either deprime the case or shoot it. Then it is no longer a hazardous material and it is not regulated. If you have additional questions you can call the US DOT PHMSA hot line at (800) 467-4922 and they can your questions.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom