Remington Hevi Shot Question

B

Bullseye (Guest)

Has anyone tried out the relativiley new Remington Hevi Shot loads in a Browning Citori or other Browning firearm with the Invector Plus choke?

I called Browning today and they advised that because they have not tested the Hevi Shot in the Citori yet, that they cannot endorse the use of the Hevi Shot.

Seems strange because Hevi Shot claims to be heavier than lead and Remington advises that any shotgun in good working order that is equipped to Handle Steel shot or Lead can handle the Hevi shot with no problems. Hevi shot is claimed to produce tighter patterns than lead.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks BILL

Shoot it, see what happens, I realy dont think anything will happen.

Smiling.gif

I've used it in my BPS 10 ga with no problems whatsoever. It's incredible with distance far superior than steel. Knocks the crap out of the geese.

Expensive as heck, but I have tried it in my Browning BPS with the Invector Plus choke tubes and have not noticed any problems.

This Hevi-Shot stuff really does smack the ducks and geese....Too bad it is so expensive. Guy's like me cannot afford to shoot it much.
Best,
Jerry

Thanks for the replys guys!

Yea its expensive, I really wanted to try it and paid $28.00 for a box of 10 yesterday. All they had were what was called Turkey loads, 3/1/2 inch 12guage number 4 shot, 1/7/8/ounces of shot!

Will be trying this on Honkers this Friday !
thanks again

Bill

I've been reloading Hevi-shot the last couple of years. When my final bags of shot are depleted, I'll probably be done with it. High velocity BBB & T steel is lethal out 70 - 80 yards on geese. Any benefit to using Hevi over high velocity steel is the extra 10 - 20 yards of lethality you get from this product. The problem is, very few guys are consistently accurate at such long ranges. I like it during the spring snow geese season when you're getting snow's hanging up basically hovering over your spread. It's more like shooting a bullseye since you don't have to deal with lead in the same manner. In short, save your coins and buy the high velocity steel and make sure you gun/choke combo is patterned. You'll shoot'um graveyard dead...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom