Remington Recall 700 Triggers?

Contrversary over/with Remington Triggers forever!

You Post this down here so 440 could Fix it?

[font color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

Dump your Remingtons and get AK-47's

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

In addition to the extractor the 700 trigger is major reason the M-70 is superior.

I've owned many 700's and never once had a problem with the trigger from a safety standpoint. most the ones I still have I've replaced them with Jewell triggers anyway. the two original triggers I still have are in custom guns which have been tuned. I won't be sending them in.

Any safety which doesn't block the firing pin is subject to failure. the only reason the 700 is an issue is there are so many more out there.

Stay thirsty my friends

Dudes right on this issue. Here's some clarification and yes I'm sure Remington's doing damage control like any company would.

CNBC had mislead the public on their report....IMAGINE THAT

here's the link to Remington and clarification on issue

http://www.remington.com/pages/news...s/remington correction of cnbc reporting.aspx

here's text on clarification

Remington Correction of CNBC Reporting

December 06, 2014

Yesterday afternoon, CNBC erroneously reported that Remington Arms was recalling 7.85 million rifles. This report was fundamentally inaccurate and, once again, CNBC did not comply with the most basic tenet of reporting ? fact checking. Even a cursory review of the court filings would have revealed CNBC?s errors. That said, other news sources picked-up and repeated the misinformation about the proposed settlement. In response, the Plaintiffs? counsel immediately took steps to correct CNBC?s inaccuracies by clarifying the terms of the proposed settlement in their own press release, which, in part, stated:

These settlements are not recalls.
These settlements are not any admission that the products are defective or unsafe.

This economic settlement provides an avenue for consumers, who have certain Remington rifles, to voluntarily have a new trigger installed. As noted by the Plaintiffs, the benefits provided by the settlement will not be in place until after court approval.

Remington is issuing this press release today because it is important that the terms of the proposed economic settlement be accurately described, as Remington does not want its customers to be confused or misled.

Further, and contrary to CNBC?s story, it is undisputed that the Remington Model 700 is the best-selling American-made, bolt-action rifle of all time. The Model 700 has also been and continues to be the tactical sniper rifle of choice for the U.S. armed forces and special operators and is widely used by state and federal law enforcement agencies.

This clarifies things to some extent. If replacing any trigger have it done by the factory or a qualified gunsmith to make sure it's set properly. There will be more information on Remington's website about how to handle your firearms. Any qualified gunsmith can check out your weapon and tell you if it's safe. You can return your guns directly to Remington if your weapon qualifies for replacement/ modification if necessary, but you must make sure it qualifies before sending it in.

Now nowhere did I state there wasn't an issue because with some guns there clearly may be, but it's up to the owners to make sure their weapons safe. Just clarifying things a bit so as to correct the liberal news media a bit. Think the unknowing public's perception of 7.85 million unsafe guns would cause a few folks to support anti gun measures?

This all started with the moron roadhunter who shot his foot off in the pickup. that's why the newer models will open with the safety on .

Remington was unwise to think that cure would make it all go away. I still doubt Remington has any higher rate of failure than any ther non blocking safety. it's just a numbers thing.

Stay thirsty my friends

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom