Remote Text Communication

soupcreek

As with many of you, I hunt in areas with poor to zero cell reception. I have a younger son who I would like to put in a ground blind while I try to chase deer in his direction. I would like to be able to communicate with him during the process (i.e. "Dad I got one, can you come help?" or "Have you seen anything?"). Going back to the blind to check on him would chase deer away, rather than too him.
We have a pair of radios, but I would rather text than talk in order to preserve the silence.
A couple years ago, I bought my kids these cheap texting machines for use inside the house, so I know the technology exists, though it would have to be better than this.
98918img49631.jpg

Looking online, there are a few products out there. Gotenna has the idea, but it reviews poorly (about 20% one star reviews). I don't want to spend that kind of money on something that 1 in 5 people can't get to work. It looks like they have the right idea, but screwed it up by trying to make too much money and not keeping it simple.
https://www.amazon.com/goTenna-Off-...ocphy=9029965&hvtargid=pla-389181170083&psc=1

Does anyone out there in MM world have any suggestions? Is there a good product out there at a decent price that I am not finding?

Thanks,

Soup

Sean Morgan showed a device he has used for this purpose. Claimed he is able to text back and forth without cell service as the device links up to your phone and satellite I think. Search for the Zac Griffith guys when he interviews Sean.

Elkassasin probably knows the video, he is a huge Zac G fanboy.

>Sean Morgan showed a device he
>has used for this purpose.
>Claimed he is able to
>text back and forth without
>cell service as the device
>links up to your phone
>and satellite I think. Search
>for the Zac Griffith guys
>when he interviews Sean.
>
>Elkassasin probably knows the video, he
>is a huge Zac G
>fanboy.

Lol...

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I found out that my garmin Rhinos have a text option. Plus you get gps, radio and can track each other. I'm not sure on the range the text has though. Not the easiest to text with but you can have messages pre loaded.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom