Replacement Rifle Stocks?

hunt1

I was looking to lighten my Remington BDL 300 RUM by replacing the stock and in need of suggestions towards which one to get. Probably not a good idea to get a lighter stock, but I'm big enough that the recoil shouldn't bother me. Would it be worth while to do so, or should I just stick it out with the factory stock? Not everyone lists the weight on their stocks, so if you have that info as well compared to the factory it would be appreciated.

Well if you don't want lighter than I'd suggest a McMillan. They avg around 2-2.5lbs. About the same as what you have now but the design of them is very sound and they "soak up" lots of recoil. If you want a wood stoc I'd reccomend Serengeti or Accurate Innovations. Good luck

McMillans are good, they can sometimes come up with a lighter stock by going graphite I believe.
HS Precision also has good and light stocks. Brother in law just bought a 700 in 300RUM this weekend with a pretty light HS stock(??1.75 pounds??) It was a thin stock and no bedding block, just glass and pillars. And they did away with the floorplate to keep it strong.

Call both companies, tell em what you want, let them tell you, go from there.

BTW normally the larger you are, the more recoil can affect you since you have more mass to absorb the pounding, thats just FYI.

Good luck,Jeff

I put a HS Precision stock on my Model 70 .300 Short Mag. It was a little pricey, but it cut the felt recoil from that plastic piece of crud Winchester calls a stock. It was easy to install also.

One word in light stocks HighTech stocks from mark bansner. best lightest stock on the market. have used 35 or 40 of them. search for bansner rifles to find the web page or a brownells catalog..........

I have an H S Precision stock that replaced the factory walnut stock on my 700 Rem.It did not lighten my rifle much but gave me piece of mind about point of impact changing in wet weather. If you only want to lighten your rifle I would suggest getting a Bonnie Packer sling. Your gun still weighs the same but the weight is distributed across your shoulders making it much easier to carry.

Brown Precision...have had good luck with them. Have a do-it- yourself drop in stock that comes with bedding kit. Started building fiberglass stocks for benchrest shooters in the 60's then expanded to sporting rifles in the 70's.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom