Res nonres party

Firedad

How bad of an idea is this? Am I right to assume I’d take my resident odds and turning them into nonresident odds by applying with my buddy.

Pretty much. I’ve done ot with a non res buddy the last few years. I spend a lot of time looking at how many tags/applications from the prior year’s draw just to add one in there’s a little better shot.

Thanks for the reply. I figured it might have been too dumb of a question for anyone to be willing to answer but honestly if couldn’t find the answer even though I had a strong feeling what it was. I figured I could take the chance since I have only one point from last year and have a decent chance to draw pronghorn so I’ll probably apply on my own starting 2025. It would be pretty awesome if we could draw together though.

It’s not a totally horrible idea. If your nonresident buddy has a boatload of points and you only have one. But yes, there would have to be nonresident tags available for you to be drawn. You will have nonresident odds to draw.

There’s a section in the application booklet on page 38 and 39 that talks a little bit about party hunts.
It says that Mule Deer is the only species that resident and nonresident can apply together for

It’s not a totally horrible idea. If your nonresident buddy has a boatload of points and you only have one. But yes, there would have to be nonresident tags available for you to be drawn. You will have nonresident odds to draw.

There’s a section in the application booklet on page 38 and 39 that talks a little bit about party hunts.
It says that Mule Deer is the only species that resident and nonresident can apply together for
I did find that and we applied together last year. It just doesn’t mention the answer to my question. Probably because it’s should be implied otherwise all nonresidents would party with residents. I knew someone here would set my mind at ease so I knew for sure.

I applied for 2 years with a friend from CA. Once I got serious about looking at the odds, I told him that we were both better off applying separately.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom