Research Time #1!!!!

mickeyelk

Very Active Member
I've been applying for elk-antelope-deer and have max bonus points. Looking for info on deer and elk on where to apply. In the past I have put in for unit 100 and 7 for elk. 100 seems to be a unit that may take awhile, while unit 7 in quite full of private property with trespass fees. I'm looking for a unit that is public (not wilderness) and a chance at a good bull, ie 300+. I am considering an outfitted hunt but would like to go it self-guided. For deer I've been putting in for 101/102 also 83. Seems that these may take awhile to get. Any help out there? Figurered I'd start this post to start gathering my info. Thanks Kerry

For elk and deer you are applying for areas that a lot of other people are applying for, which are highly limited. You are right, it may take you a while to draw these areas. If you take a look at the odds of drawing various areas, with your points you are garuanteed a tag in a lot of other areas. My suggestion would be to consider some of these area. Look at the tag quotas for these areas to see how many guys you'll be hunting with. Get a map and check private and public land. Look at hunt success stats for that area. Call a biologist. You might find that you can hunt an area more frequently that has the potential to produce the critters you are looking for, instead of waiting for years to hunt.

Thanks, infomation well taken. I'll keep checking and will try and call a biologist in the green river area! Thanks Kerry

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom