research tools

SHB

What research tools and information sources would you consider "indispensable" when deciding which tags to apply for?

do you just crunch the numbers from g&f websites, are any of the services like "cabelas tags" or "hunting fool" worth the subscription? The size of the animal is a secondary concern to me. I would mostly like to start applying for hunts where you don't see very many other hunters.

Thanks for the continuning education
I'm receiving here at mm

SHB

each States web site #1, Then word of mouth was the norm before the internet!
Now its the states web sites and all the links on them(hunting web sites, guides serv, draw sats, and all the outdoor outfitters), then hunting mags (which are dying off and you can't even find them unless you look for them)!
RM

huntodds.com - combine all the states odds into one friendly site so you don't have to do it yourself... OH, and it's free. :)

ODDNUT1
Kirt C.
Hunt Odds.com

Boone and crockett trophy search on line is a great resource for trophy units.It will cost you $40-50 bucks per year but it is a invaluable tool if you are looking for a trophy. Right here on MM we have Colorados Best for a fee of $25 you get some good info if CO is a state you are looking to hunt. Many of the DOW websites have some awesome info, and it's free. CO has one of the best information based websites I've seen.Call and talk with biologist. They can be very helpful. Infact, one biologist told me canyons were big bucks had been killed. Maybe he was feeding me a line, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't. For an even larger fee you can join a hunt service like Huntin Fool and get a wealth of valuable info, but realize there are 10,000 other guys getting the same info. And finally one of the best ways is getting info from guys on this forum. Some are pretty tight lipped, but there are several that will give info via PM or email.

Good Luck Mike

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom