Results Up For Deer...

>Pulled the only Clear Lake Archery
>goat tag...my third time!

Noooooo way, awesome Dave...And yes, the highly sought after AO tag is very limited! Congrats!

'Ike'

Nothing for me again here in CA but with the Nevada Elk tag in Nov and COLO deer and WY Lope tags that is enough for this old guy for one year.....next year hopefully.

Good luck to all of you that drew.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

nada...(thank God I already have 3 outta state tags).
will take my B zone any day!!
smack

Double and triple darn it! Just a local second choice "C" zone tag for me in my backyard. That will have to do for this year and maybe just as well. Lucky I at least get to go help on a couple others great hunts this year. Looking forward to that!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

A 2nd choice archery tag for me is all, nothing on the rest. My boys all struck out too not to mention we all struck out in UT, NV and CO. Did have a close friend get a 2nd season Lassen Lope tag though... I'll get to go up and help with that anyway.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-13-13 AT 11:34AM (MST)[p]Good draw..yell if your looking for help.

Don't shoot til your ready!

A12 (X6B) for me and my bro!! Another friend drew as well. A few struck out. Cant wait!! First time I have drawn since 2009!

A12 (X6B) for me and my bro and another friend. Extremely stoked as first time I have been drawn since 2009!

Nothing again this year for me either, sure wish I could get at least one tag here...always next year I guess. Have not hunted in CA since 1986 in Modoc x3b.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

D-8 who how lucky are u!!!!! LOL there are some good deer there I got this one in 07 public land

4095d8.jpg

Dad drew West Tinemaha 1st rifle bull. Only 2 tags and he had max points. Going to be a great few weeks since he also drew 23N in AZ 1st rifle, also with max points. I told him he will need more wall space.

I was thinking the opposite. My father and I each killed bucks over 200 pounds in D-3/5, last season (granted, that's never happened to us before), but haven't seen anything close in C zone for a long time. To further complicate C zone, it sounds like the private timber companies (SP, Fruit Growers) are preventing even walk-in access to lands that used to be fair game. I will be hunting the oaks in D-3/5 again this year, but not until after I dispense with my X6B tag. I am stoked.

Max points in sheep and elk earned me.....absolutely nothing but another point! I did manage to draw a coveted A31 tag, although I'm not feeling like I need to be on any cloud with the #9 on it for that worthless tag. Way things are going, we might not be able to get in there until November with the fire situation.

Overall drawings this year:

NV, AZ, CA, WY, NM, UT were ZERO. I did draw a high-country archery deer tag in CO. Partner had to bug out, so I'll have to see if I can talk my wife into letting me back-pack up alone again this year. Last year didn't turn out to well (injury) and I barely made it out!

BOHNTR )))---------->

>Max points in sheep and elk
>earned me.....absolutely nothing but another
>point! I did manage
>to draw a coveted A31
>tag, although I'm not feeling
>like I need to be
>on any cloud with the
>#9 on it for that
>worthless tag. Way things
>are going, we might not
>be able to get in
>there until November with the
>fire situation.
>
>
>
>Overall drawings this year:

>
>
>
>NV, AZ, CA, WY, NM, UT
>were ZERO. I did
>draw a high-country archery deer
>tag in CO. Partner
>had to bug out, so
>I'll have to see if
>I can talk my wife
>into letting me back-pack up
>alone again this year.
>Last year didn't turn out
>to well (injury) and I
>barely made it out!
>
>BOHNTR )))---------->

Unit 74 in CO for high country mulies?

>Congrats snoop...I'm taking the kid back
>up to X7B again.

Nice! My good buddy drew x7a, but I can't help him because I'm doing my own x-zone.

It's pretty sad that I didn't draw C zone as my second choice! Max points for elk, antelope, and sheep but not surprised I didn't draw any of those.

>It's pretty sad that I didn't
>draw C zone as my
>second choice! Max points for
>elk, antelope, and sheep but
>not surprised I didn't draw
>any of those.

PC
Your not putting in for the right hunts...
No love for us either...
Not much time with bull tags in NM & AZ
Howdy

LAST EDITED ON Jun-20-13 AT 05:16PM (MST)[p]I drew X7B with six points.
I have never hunted this zone, but on a tip from the taxidermist I applied for it. So far it seems like a good idea (close to home, and hotels are cheap). I have taken the first ten days of the season off from work. I went to the shooting range with my brand new rifle (I plan on breaking in on the hunt) and got her shootin straight. I reserved a place to stay close to the zone. I plan on making a few scouting trips closer to the opener (sometime in September), however I am currently doing a lot cyber scouting (just to familarize myself with the zone). This year my plan is to hold out for a larger buck. In my previous short six year hunting career. I have hunted only D3, for which I ave two small forken horn bucks to show for. I have set the bar for myself, I am not shooting unless it has three or more points.

Come on October 5th! I'm counting down the days.

I guess I can stop scouting A16/X9A. Thought I had enough points in a group to pull A16, but the requirements went higher this year. So I'll be heading south to A17 this year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom