Return to muzzleloaders

feduptwo

Drew a book cliffs elk tag this year. I haven't shot muzzle loaders for about 6 years since moving to WYO.
Was looking for any infor on new technology that would help me make informed choices on what type of gun, bullets, powder, etc. So much has changed in the years that I've been out.
Anyway Thanks,
Eric

Check the local regulations first to determine what the state thinks you should be using and then you can make an informed choice. Personally for Arizona I am working on getting a White rifle as they can shoot the heavy conicals better than most other rifles. My Omega does a fair job but can not shoot the heavy conicals that work best on dropping elk fast. 300gr. pistol bullets in sabots have killed elk for me but not as quickly as I would prefer. I have a White coming and it will handle 460gr. conical bullets which will do a much better job of anchoring a big animal like elk. I also have an NEF Huntsman that I understand will also handle the bigger conical bullets but have not had time to verify that yet.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom